Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Full hystorectomy with ovary removal burning pain  (Read 335 times)

Beana

• First Flush
Full hystorectomy with ovary removal burning pain
« on: September 07, 2023, 09:39:27 AM »

Hi everyone, I am new and don't really know where to start . I'm 43 and 5 and half months ago I had a hysterectomy with ovary removal for endometriosis that was very severe.   Since the hystorectomy nothings really gotten any better . I take lenzetto spray everyday for estrogen replacement .  I have pain up inside where the cervix used to be been checked and have been assured that there isn't any infection there .
I have burning in vagina and labia that I have now been given vagifem  , however after 4 nights the burning is worse and I have cramping is this normal ?  I feel so sad all the time I thought the hystorectomy would fix my pain and issues and it hasn't I just don't know what to do . Any advice I would really appreciate . Thankyou for listening .

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Full hystorectomy with ovary removal burning pain
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2023, 03:30:37 PM »

Hi welcome.  Vagifem can cause some side effects, how far R U inserting it?  MayB push the pessary in a little way to see if that eases the cramping.  This will pass and improve!

I use 'ovestin' which is delivered in an applicator so I can push as far up as required.  I also use KY Jelly on the outer labia if the area is dry and itching. 

Does the Lenzetto spray help at all?