Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Frustrated  (Read 1432 times)

Samade

Frustrated
« on: April 05, 2017, 02:08:30 PM »

I am so frustrated with this hormonal roller coaster. Towards the end of each cycle, however long that is is anyones guess, I get so low and anxious  and each time have to convince myself my world is good and my partner is wonderful. A few days  later all is well again until various other days in the cycle where I'm just plain anxious! It is just so exhausting and I am fed up with fighting myself. I'm very analytical by nature and it so frustrates me I can't work out that in x years or months it will end.
I am very lucky with wonderful family and friends and colleagues, my doctor referred me to a meno consultant who says she'll look after me so it could be worse :(  just needed to vent my frustration and I know a lot of you lovely ladies will be going through the same thing  :thankyou: for listening

Menomale

Re: Frustrated
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2017, 03:26:10 PM »

I'm listening and also frustrated but life goes on...  :foryou:

jorainbow

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2017, 07:09:53 PM »

I hear you loud and clear! Period just started (late) and having had 2 good weeks, four days ago plunged into depths of despair and anxiety where I am going to go mad (obviously) am a terrible woman and partner  (clearly) and it will never end (without doubt). And so it goes on. Huge hug xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2017, 07:29:06 PM »

It is physical.  So once the hormones that are causing upheaval settle, you will feel 'different/better'.  That's why I can't conquer my anxiety because it is physical.

Be kinder to yourself  ;).  Keep a mood/symptom/food diary so that you can chart your cycle and warn others to duck when necessary .....

You could of course ask your GP for an anti-anxiety med to take 'as necessary' or a low dose of anti-depressant medication to lift mood. 

Hurdity

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2017, 07:37:46 PM »

Sorry to hear this Samade - I feel your frustration. I can't remember how far along the journey you are and how old you are? if you've missed quite a few periods and they are few and far between then it may not be long! Have you read the STRAW criteria which details the reproductive stages and roughly how long they are on average (well the range anyway)? Of course not every woman is a text book case but gives you a rough idea. Apologies if I've already posted this in the past!
http://www.imsociety.org/downloads/email_downloads/2012_02_16_1773491/straw10.pdf

Did you read the thread (started by ancient runner) about a new type of medication for hot flushes for women who cannot take HRT ( if it turns out that you definitely can't)?

Good luck with the meno consultant and let us know the outcome given your circumstances.

Hurdity x

Samade

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2017, 09:18:49 PM »

My gp did suggest pointing at the calendar if I felt I was going a bit crazy. I am on an ad which takes the edge of for most of the time but in the 10 days or so before my  period it's tougher.
My periods have been erratic for about 4 years anything from 18 -43 days and I'm nearly 50 so probably makes me early peri which in itself is soul destroying.
Thanks xx