Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Newbie with hrt question  (Read 1394 times)

Upsadaisy

Newbie with hrt question
« on: March 11, 2017, 08:45:30 PM »

Hi everyone

I'm 49 and have been in peri menopause since my early forties. I have started missing periods, had one in September and one in December. I have been suffering from flushes and horrible night sweats so saw my gp who prescribed Evorel sequi.
I used the patches for 2 months and was doing well....No flushes or night sweats BUT when I was using the Evorel conti patches I started having feelings of real rage and was very short tempered which is just not me!
I decided not to use the patches anymore as I was quite scared about how I felt....however the hot flushes and night sweats are back with a vengence.
I'm going to speak to my gp but I'm not sure whether to continue with the hrt. Are these feelings of murderous rage likely to stop the longer I use hrt or is there another type of hrt that would be better....the Evorel 50 patches were fine...No side affects at all.
Sorry if I've rambled on a bit!

Hurdity

Re: Newbie with hrt question
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2017, 07:39:09 PM »

Hi Upsadaisy

:welcomemm:

It sounds like you were sensitive to the progestogen in the Evortel sequi patches - norethisterone. It seems that this is quite common! I would suggest you try another one and especially if your flushes and sweats are bad and you know the oesrtrogen part helped relieve these. There are Femseven patches and also if you prefer patches, you could tr oestrogen patch with separate progestogen - either progesterone itself (Utrogestan) or a synthetic one Provera. All the different types are listed under Treatments/HRT preparations (top tabs, pale green banner).

Let us know how you get on.

No problems -you didn't ramble - yours was quite a short post compared to some first posts - like a long essay  ::)

Hurdity x

Taz2

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2017, 08:57:31 PM »

Hi Upsadaisy

Taz x  :welcomemm:

MicheleMaBelle

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2017, 09:50:58 PM »

Hi UPS's daisy- try and different progesterone! Be firm with your icon. got to be worth try xxxx
PS welcome- I'm a newbie and having similar problems x