Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: New to "the club"  (Read 1423 times)

floss82

New to "the club"
« on: March 11, 2017, 10:00:05 PM »

Hi ladies, firstly thanks for accepting me. I found the forum whilst looking up Prempak-c to whatever it is I'm on now (proof that poor memory is a symptom, I guess)
Only went to the doc when things were getting a bit too much, just before Christmas.
Have just started patches as the Prempak wasn't cutting it (and I hear it's being discontinued soon anyway)
Hopefully I'll feel a little less lost now I'm here, and maybe offer a bit of support too.
I used to work as a community support (nurse) and thought I knew it all; how wrong I was   8)
It's all very different when it's yourself isn't it;
New aches and pains, confusion, lethargy, anxiety, insomnia, weight gain; they weren't lying were they.
Anyway, I'm here now, thanks again

cubagirl

Re: New to "the club"
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2017, 11:22:03 PM »

:welcomemm:

Hi there.  We're all very different, but similar, in that we all have to go through this journey. Some manage just fine, but many don't, so you're amongst friends here.

Dancinggirl

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2017, 10:01:48 AM »

Hi and welcome to MM floss82
It's trial and error when finding an HRT solution. This Site can be a godsend - lots of support and understanding. I'm 61 and had POF so have tried just about every HRT option available.   Do keep us posted about your progress. Good luck. DG x

Kathleen

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2017, 12:19:07 PM »

Hello floss82 and welcome to the forum.

You are not the only one who has been surprised about the effects of the menopause! I was completely unaware until my GP mentioned it so I bought a book and was amazed at the range of symptoms. Needless to say I have learned a lot from experience and the ladies of MM have helped me through some tough times.

Wishing you well and keep posting.

K.

Hurdity

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2017, 07:44:11 PM »

Hi floss82

:welcomemm: from me too.

I didn't start HRT until late peri-menopause - having had episodes of flushes and sweats that came and went - not to mention the tearfulness and emotional extremes. It has worked a treat ever since and I am now in my 60's and still on it.  ::)

Hope the patches work for you. Weight gain - you can sort out by changing your diet and exercise ( eat less fewer carbs and sugar, nore fruit and veg, take more exercise including mixture of cardio and strengthening muscles - will speed up your metabolism).

Good luck with it all. :)

Hurdity x

MicheleMaBelle

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2017, 10:14:15 PM »

Hi Floss82- welcome. I'm a newbie too and the ladies on the site have been great. I'm 16 months into my HRT journey and still not got it right but that's because my GP practice hasn't been clued up.They should have a look at this site. Keep going- have a laugh and remember you're not alone. Let us know how you get on  :welcomemm