Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: HRT reduces risk of early death, new research suggests  (Read 1219 times)

Emma

• Administrator
HRT reduces risk of early death, new research suggests
« on: March 09, 2017, 02:39:37 PM »

"...new research, which examined a greater number of patients over a longer period than most comparable studies, concludes that, overall, it was the healthier option."

8 March 2017
Story in The Telegraph

Hurdity

Re: HRT reduces risk of early death, new research suggests
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2017, 05:29:49 PM »

Thanks for posting this - encouraging news confirming the reduced risk to the heart of using HRT in post-menopause. :)

Hurdity

samweller161

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2017, 09:50:34 AM »

I read this yesterday too - a good article which will hopefully put ladies minds at rest who were deliberating whether to take it or not

SP x

Mary G

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2017, 01:41:52 PM »

It's a good article but I note Cancer Research UK are still peddling Project Fear -  where did the doubling breast cancer risk suddenly spring from?   Oestrogen only HRT carries zero extra risk so what are they banging on about, combined HRT?  Can they back these stats up with some 100% cast iron guarantees?   I want to see a full profile of the HRT BC patients i.e. type of HRT used,  progesterone dose, age when HRT commenced and how far post menopause, mammogram and breast ultrasound results prior to starting HRT, family history for all types of cancer. 

CRUK need to back up their claims with far more detail, it's not good enough to simply throw stats around.  The NHS still seems wedded to the five year limit too.