Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Like to say Hello  (Read 4212 times)

Elizabethrose

Re: Like to say Hello
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2017, 08:02:43 AM »

Hello again greenECLECtus28

I have just read your latest thread but thought I'd respond here first.

Given you have a history of using ADs which very much helped you and that you are feeling quite overwhelmed at the moment, I agree with CLKD, maybe it's time to try them again. I can't comment on the particular type you have been given but if you have reservations about whether this one upset you previously then return to the doc and discuss this. There are lots of different types available.

Many women use ADs in addition to HRT so discuss this with your doc. Maybe the AD will help relieve your anxiety and then when you feel in a better place, find a suitable HRT to help further. Discuss this with him though, he has your medical history there.

A GP visit can be overwhelming especially if you feel that so much is going on, however, write everything down before you go, take your notes in with you and don't be afraid to use them. It's far too easy to lose track at the docs and forget to mention something that's been worrying you. Using notes will allow you to remain calm, focused and unemotional and to present your case with better clarity.

ADs can be hugely beneficial, some people use them for short term and others long term: there are many women on this site who use them and would be able to advise you better.

This mornings post sounds as if you are really struggling and I'll post there too. Please don't despair, you'll get yourself sorted, it's difficult having to deal with so many things at once.

Get back to that doc but remember to take your notes. These are for you    :foryou:   xx                             

greenECLECtus28

« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2017, 08:19:06 AM »

Thanks  :'(

I have an appointment at 9.30am I'm so scared in case it's a DVT or something in case I end up with a pulmenory embolisim or something I just can't stop panicking   :'( I just worry all the time what would happen to my dad and my son

greenECLECtus28

« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2017, 08:13:38 PM »

Thanks Elizabethrose

Got appointment with Doc this morning who sent me up to the hospital to be on the safe side just in case but thankfully all tests came back clear so they don't think there is any issue but spoke to a very nice doctor who thinks that there is clearly an issue with the way I'm walking now which is causing these things I do think the meno could be adding to this purely because of the fact you lose muscle mass and considering I don't have the proper muscles in place in the first place then it's just adding to the mix he has just advised to rest it and see what happens. Feel absolutely crap probably because I've been so hypo all day and was up all night but I think as well am going to stillhave to work on the anxiety thing but one step at a time but am feeling a bit more positive this evening  :)

Elizabethrose

« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2017, 08:19:06 PM »

I'm really pleased to read this, have been thinking of you all day. ADs can help but there are lots of other helping techniques with anxiety. Hopefully you've had a good long chat with your doc about it all and have devised a way forward.

Enjoy a less stressful evening, good book, early night! x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2017, 09:16:09 PM »

Would a course of physiotherapy help?  Guidance as to which muscles need strengthening etc.?

Hurdity

« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2017, 02:33:35 PM »

Hi again green

Thanks for letting us know about your circumstances - sounds like you've had a tough time. Of course if you have had to take anti-depressants in the past then these may be appropriate to try again - at least maybe a different preparation. However you were discussing symptoms in the context of menopause, and the fact that your doctor had suggested HRT - and since you are now post-menopausal your oestrogen will be almost at its lowest level (give or take the odd small rise and fall here and there which can affect mood, joints and a whole host of other things.

Therefore, given your stage and symptoms, I would still push for trying HRT rather than ADs at this point, if you can while getting your other health issues investigated and treated, especially if you feel your symptoms are now hormonal.  ADs are not going to help with physical symptoms like this (as far as I know!).

Hope you are feeling better today :)

Hurdity x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2017, 02:34:50 PM »

Browse round.  Make notes.  You can then decide what to discuss with your GP  ;)
Pages: 1 [2]