Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Another newbie  (Read 901 times)

Brummig

Another newbie
« on: March 10, 2017, 06:48:13 AM »

Hi

New here as well. 

I'm 46, 2 crazy kids (14 and 4).  The worse thing for me at the moment is the crazy temperature stuff!  I have always been a cold person, and after I lost 5 stone a few years ago I felt the cold really badly, like I always have lots of layers, always have gloves (even in the height of summer), and I have had hypothermia several times!  I have Raynauds too. Now I am having hot flushes, and sometimes just feeling very warm for a long period of time.  I also sweat a lot, and am very conscious that I smell.  I exercise regularly and cycle to work, as well as regularly running round after the kids so there is a LOT of sweating lol.  I am no longer wearing the synthetic base layers and wear several thin layers, and lots of deodorant!
I generally wake up early no matter how tired I am.  I have gained 10lbs so don't feel good about how I look.
 And I have the memory of a goldfish!

Please tell me this gets better.

samweller161

Re: Another newbie
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2017, 10:14:10 AM »

Hi Brummig and welcome to the forum  :D

You sound very peri menopause to me!  All the classic symptoms of heat, brain fog etc

Other ladies here are very knowledgeable so you are bound to get lots of responses - some take Menopace or herbal supplements and some of us take nearly every chemical known to man!  Its about quality of life

SP x

Hurdity

Re: Another newbie
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2017, 03:03:13 PM »

Hi Brummig

:welcomemm:

Where are you in your menopause journey. Are your periods still regular or have you started skipping them? If they are very erratic and you are missing some then HRT might help and especially at your young age if you are heading towards a menopause before the average age of around 51/52.

However lifestyle factors are equally important - diet, exercise, weight, alcohol, smoking, fresh air, stress etc.

The other thing is maybe you should go to the doc for blood tests just to rule out other causes of sweats, feeling cold etc - sometimes thyroid conditions become apparent at your age and can give similar symptoms. Blood tests to diagnose menopause are not necessary at your age because  changes in menstrual cycle and symptoms alone are usually sufficient.

I've been on HRT - bio-identical - ie estradiol and progesterone -same hormones our body makes - all on NHS since early 50's and still on it in my 60's - yes quality of life now is the most important issue for me :)

Hurdity x