Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Racing heart  (Read 1404 times)

Lesley49

Racing heart
« on: March 09, 2017, 07:14:44 AM »

Hi ladies

I am 51 and have been having a horrible menopause with every symptom going!! I am now on HRT and Sertraline 50mg for the past 6 months.  I do feel loads better and most of the time now I am back to my normal self.  Sometimes out of the blue though I still get the anxious feelings and racing heart.  I was given beta blockers last year when I had a mini breakdown and so I take a quarter of one of those and that seems to settle my heart rate but for a few days after I still get the anxiety.  Does anyone else feel this way?  Just when I feelc coming out the other side of meno it strikes again!!  I haven't had a period for over 5 years now but still get the PMS symptoms with bloatedness stomach ache etc - am I the only one to feel like
this?

Thanks for reading ladies

Have a great day xx

Yammy1

Re: Racing heart
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2017, 03:21:00 PM »

Hi Lesley49, I get this racing heart a lot. my resting heart rate is around 90 - 100 beats per minute. and when I'm anxious it gets much higher.  I have had  many tests including wearing a holter monitor for 24 hours, It showed that my heart is fast and missed beats even when I' m asleep but doctor is not concerned, guess I will just have to learn to live with it, but menopause and anxiety have a lot to do with it. hope this helps you

toffeecushion

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2017, 03:47:04 PM »

I also get a racing heart, have done on and off for about 7 years.  How fast does yours go?

Salad

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2017, 11:06:25 PM »

I'm joining your racing heart club  :)

I've had two occasions where my heart rate has increased intermittently for a few weeks. My GP did bloods/ECG both times before diagnosing sinus tachycardia. The high rate (110) seems to occur when my oestrogen level is low, so my HRT has been adjusted and within a couple of days my rate is back to its normal, which is still fairly high  :D

When I have the tachycardia I also get an uncomfortable feeling in my chest and worry that it's actually going to lead on to something more fatal. Especially the last episode which carried on non stop for two weeks. It made me not want to leave the sofa! However, my GP advised me to carry on as usual but to avoid cardio exercise.
Thankfully all settled now for the time being.