Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Utrogestan - bladder irritation  (Read 6105 times)

2cats

Utrogestan - bladder irritation
« on: March 09, 2017, 07:07:00 AM »

Morning all,

I'm on my 4th night of using Utrogestan vaginally for the first time (100mg) and I've noticed that I wake up and need to pee within a couple of hours of falling asleep.  Other than that, my sleep feels pretty good since taking the Utrogestan. 
I remember reading about bladder irritation from others before, on MM, but wondered if that is what they meant..
Anyone else using it this way who has noticed night time waking to go to the loo?  Does it go away once you stop the Utrogestan after 12 days??   Thanks for any input you can give me.
 :)

dazned

Re: Utrogestan - bladder irritation
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2017, 10:26:40 AM »

My bladder always got/felt irritated when I used utrogeston vaginally,this was why I decided to stop unfortunately. It did stop after each round of it though just couldn't hack it.  :-\
Try to place it as high up as possible ,some use an applicator like you get with canasten etc and if you can try not to touch the urethra,easier said then done though. Some say that it's the fillers that cause this,whatever it is it's irritating,literally !

Tinkerbell

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2017, 05:22:25 PM »

I had to give it up after several days, I needed to get up a few times each night and before then I rarely used the loo at night. I changed to a Mirena and am  back to rarely needing toilet trips at night.

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2017, 05:26:25 PM »

It always makes me get up for pee at night at least one more time than I normally do - which used to be once, (at least twice on utro) but now I sleep really heavily and rarely wake up in the night -  but always do on Utro - well I have lots of dreams which eventually wake me - and the reason being I need to go!! I also need to go more in the day. Small price to pay though - there is no way I want all those depressive digestive metabolites floating around my system from oral use!!

Yes it goes away after you've finished the Utro - back to normality!!

Hurdity x

Meeka

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2017, 05:38:58 PM »

I also get the bladder irritation and it also makes me constipated.   I tried taking it orally the last couple of times but I had quite bad PMS symptoms so ive given up on that one.   Ive just started it vaginally again and im trying to make sure its placed as high as possible.   

2cats

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2017, 06:39:12 PM »

Thanks everyone, that's really helpful to know.  I tried oral route but PMS was not good!  I'm just sat here now though and I feel like my stomach is starting to bloat and I've got a weird feeling really low down in my pelvis like I need a pee though I have just been!
I know that could be an infection but I'm a bit suspicious about the Utrogestan....  I'll keep going for the next few days and see how it goes.
I almost feel like I'm going to start my period.  If it does come before the 12 days of taking Utrogestan are up, do I still continue vaginally??
« Last Edit: March 09, 2017, 06:44:16 PM by 2cats »

matildamouse

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2017, 02:55:51 AM »

I also get the bladder irritation and it also makes me constipated.   I tried taking it orally the last couple of times but I had quite bad PMS symptoms so ive given up on that one.   Ive just started it vaginally again and im trying to make sure its placed as high as possible.

I had the same experience with taking it orally. Did you get the engorged breasts as well on the oral dosage Meeka?

matildamouse

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2017, 02:58:34 AM »

It does irritate my bladder as well though I am on the continuous dosage alternative days and tolerate that ok-ish. I once tried to take it daily via vaginal route but my bladder was one angry organ!

2cats

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2017, 01:11:10 PM »

sorry for the repeated reply as i put something similar on another thread too.
Dazned - unbelievably after remembering your advice to try and not touch the urethra, last night I actually inserted into it by mistake!! Panic overdrive as I searched for it as didn't even know it was possible to go in there!!! Suffice to say I got it out within a few seconds but my god was I worried!
Night no 5.
Although I haven't had the PMT yet, I had a horrible night's sleep last night waking up every couple of hours to pee and feeling very edgy throughout the night.   I also don't like the way it's making me feel in my nether regions - makes me aware of that area of my body at all times.  I think it's bladder irritation as the sensation is right in the front area of my pubic bone.
I've also had the most dreadful panic when I just took my dog to the vets for a routine check.  I started to sweat and feel overly hot, I couldn't string a sentence together very well and my ears and eyes felt peculiar!  I have to confess that I reached into my bag and took half a 5mg valium as I felt like I was going to faint. 
Added to that, my head feels like it's stuffed with cotton wool and I felt giddy for the whole hour I was out walking with my dog, after the vets appointment.
Ready to jack in the utrogestan tonight as I don't want this feeling to increase in intensity tomorrow!
My GP hasn't even given me the go ahead to use it vaginally as she said it's not licensed so feeling guilty that I'm making up my own rules!
 :)

2cats

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2017, 05:24:04 PM »

Thank you Stellajane :)
So I guess it could be the same if I take it orally if my body doesn't like the fillers?  Wondering if I should take it tonight orally and chance being an absolute stroppy cow tomorrow?

Oh god decisions decisions

NickiL

• First Flush
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2023, 11:30:06 PM »

My bladder always got/felt irritated when I used utrogeston vaginally,this was why I decided to stop unfortunately. It did stop after each round of it though just couldn't hack it.  :-\
Try to place it as high up as possible ,some use an applicator like you get with canasten etc and if you can try not to touch the urethra,easier said then done though. Some say that it's the fillers that cause this,whatever it is it's irritating,literally !

Did your pain and issues stop after using utrogestan? I’m having the same issues I’ve stopped utrogestan a few days ago but still struggling