Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: HRT and other meds  (Read 4329 times)

CAT ON LAP

HRT and other meds
« on: March 09, 2017, 07:05:30 AM »

Hi,

I'm not on HRT yet but probably will be soon. I'm also on a high dose of anti depressants, (lower in the summer but long term) and i have beta blockers for anxiety attacks. These are not menopause related, i have aspergers and depression, (though depression under control with meds) and i suffer from anxiety when out. The beta blockers help me  so much. I also use breathing and meditation.

I can recognise perimenopausal hormonal fluctuatios aside from my usual baggage. Can HRT be taken with the rest? Life without anti depressants is really not an option, i've tried several times. I eat healthily etc, i am over weight but working on it i'm also waiting on results next week to confirm i'm glucose intolerant.

Thank you.

walking the dog

Re: HRT and other meds
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2017, 08:09:00 AM »

Hi cat on lap

I take anti depressants and beta blockers along with hrt and have never had any problems taking them all together.
I dont think there are any contra indications but your gp would know if there were

samweller161

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2017, 08:54:30 AM »

I do as well - not beta blockers although I do have some in stock just in case - but also I take ADs long term and HRT is fine.  Have a chat with your GP though just to put your mind at rest.

Sending a hug from one sufferer to another!

SP x

CAT ON LAP

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2017, 02:42:26 PM »

Hi,

Thanks for both replies. Great to know for not worrying pre conversation with gp in the future.☺

Tinkerbell

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2017, 05:26:01 PM »

I have been on betablockers for years now and started systemic HRT several months back and have had no problems with that combination.

CAT ON LAP

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2017, 06:22:41 PM »

Thanks Tinkerbell, good to hear.☺

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2017, 09:36:35 PM »

Rescue Remedy can be useful.  I also have an emergency pill to take when anxiety floors me as well as taking Propranolol regularly.

CAT ON LAP

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2017, 06:37:02 AM »

Hi, I have propanalol, i think that it allows me to handle doing normal stuff out there with the confidence that i have it to hand if needed. I don't always need it but when i do it's very quick. I've had anxiety attacks since the age of five. Rescue remedy can defjnitely help too. Having read so much on the forum, i'm going to see my doctor next week to discuss HRT.

walking the dog

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2017, 08:01:49 AM »

Glad you have made a decision cat on lap, take all the help you can get 😊

CAT ON LAP

« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2017, 02:53:39 PM »

I agree, before coming on here, had this thought that i would wait till things get worse. This week i've had a trip to optician, discovered i'd scratched my eye right through cornea. I said i'd not done anything to it and was told that dry eyes can tear when opening in morning. The next day other eye broke blood vessel. Then i managed a bit of sex with hubby. Oh my god, it makes you feel young again. Got an appointment with doc on tuesday, hoping hrt will sort these out and other symptoms, crossed fingers.

CAT ON LAP

« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2017, 12:49:35 PM »

Me again, ☺ i went to doc today and as of next period i'm on Evorel Sequi patches. Crossed fingers.☺

ancient runner

« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2017, 12:50:51 PM »

Go you Cat on Lap! :D