Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Heart attack anyone?  (Read 3962 times)

lily

Heart attack anyone?
« on: March 09, 2017, 12:16:35 AM »

Not feeling well and maybe bit panic stricken, but wondering if anyone on here has had a heart attack and how they felt leading up to it? 😯

Taz2

Re: Heart attack anyone?
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2017, 12:27:14 AM »

Hi lily - I haven't had a heart attack but wanted you to know that your post has been read. What symptoms do you have? Panic can make you feel really unwell but if you are at all concerned then maybe a call to 111 may be advisable. You wont be wasting anyone's time.

Taz x  :hug:

lily

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2017, 12:36:25 AM »

Thanks Taz. Been feeling a bit off for 2 weeks now - tired, indigestion which is not usual for me, feelings like missing a heartbeat. Probably not anything to do with heart, but you know how our minds start to play up?!

Salad

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2017, 12:40:20 AM »

Hi lily

Agreeing with Taz2 - if you need proper reassurance call 111, that's what they are there for  :)

Panic/anxiety causes all sorts of symptoms in your body so chances are it's related to that but sounds like you need to put your mind at ease, horrid to worry this time of night.

lily

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2017, 12:48:08 AM »

Thanks salad. I do not feel especially like I am in the throws of it happening right now, but just wondered if anyone felt like this leading up to it.

Ju Ju

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2017, 07:05:49 AM »

Are you frightened of making a fuss? Do not be. The first time I had a gall stone attack, I thought I was having a heart attack, despite the pain being on the opposite side of the chest! My DH called an ambulance, which came in 10 minutes, by which time I was fine and embarrassed. But they were having none of it. Although it was obvious I was ok, they insisted they took me to hospital to be checked over. Everyone said I should not be embarrassed. They would rather people get themselves checked and find out it's not a heart attack, than be frightened of making a fuss and dying! This was said to me several times. So what if this is a panic attack? You need to know what you are dealing with. As the others said, phone 111 for more immediate reassurance, but make an emergency appointment to see your doctor. Do not be embarrassed.

Justjules

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2017, 09:43:12 AM »

Hi Lily, someone who'd had a heart attack once told me that you wouldn't be posting for reassurance if you were and they're probably right.  I've turned up a few times at A&E over the last couple of years with the possible symptoms and they've been more than happy to hook me up to an ECG and sometimes done bloods and checked me over and thankfully, no problems but always best to get checked.  They don't mind at all.  If you call 111 they will only tell you to do that anyway.  Can you get to an A&E near you okay?

I'm sure you'll be fine - seems to be the norm for our ages to get these little frights now and again  :)

Good luck, let us know how you get on. x

Evelyn63

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2017, 11:41:23 AM »

Hi Lily, someone who'd had a heart attack once told me that you wouldn't be posting for reassurance if you were and they're probably right. 

I agree with Justjules but think maybe you are concerned Lily, that you are leading up to a heart attack rather than actually having one ?  PLEASE ring 111 thats what they are there for, or , can you go to your local GP surgery.  Ours would do an ECG there and then if anyone came in with your concerns .  Failing that, go to A & E, you will be triaged quickly and it will soon be apparent what is causing the problem.  Never feel you are wasting time, a quick check over only takes an hour , and most likely you will be on your way home very quickly but to go in further down the line, maybe a different outcome.  Think of the time wasters who clog up A & E every weekend, you have absolutely nothing to feel guilty about , you are a genuine patient with a concern.

Taz2

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2017, 04:22:54 PM »

https://www.bhf.org.uk/heart-health/conditions/heart-attack/women-and-heart-attacks  Advice from the British Heart Foundation. Heart attack symptoms in women are often different to those in men.

Taz x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2017, 09:48:24 PM »

How are you now?

I have indigestion which starts between my chest, goes into my lower chin, sinus bones, with wicked acid reflux.  Each time I wonder but as it happens around the same time at night and when I've eaten too late  ::).  I get Himself to rub my back which moves the wind around.  If you can't feel/hear wind moving then I would certainly ring for advice!  Two/3 Rennie usually sorts it for me!

lily

« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2017, 09:57:20 PM »

Hi all
Thank you for your caring replies - as Evelyn63 said I was wondering if I could be leading up to one rather than worried I was having one. I think I'm just overthinking symptoms, but had been fine today until about 20 minutes ago. I almost feel like something is stuck in my throat - but there's not, think it must be more a heartburn/indigestion thing going on. Will have a drink of milk snd an early night, sorry to be a drama queen! X

CLKD

« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2017, 10:00:58 PM »

You Drama all you like!

Think about your diet over-all
Try not to eat and drink in a hurry or late at night
Do not eat on an empty stomach, try to munch every 3 hours - I find that it stops wind pockets forming  ::)
Do not lay down on a full stomach i.e. don't go to bed straight after a meal

Have an antacid to hand ..........

lily

« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2017, 10:06:46 PM »

Thanks clkd, I must admit most of my eating is happening after I get home from work and because I do not eat much during the day I am really hungry when I get home and I am heavier than I have been before.  I will need to make an effort to eat more sensibly again, have gotten into bad habits 🤔

CLKD

« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2017, 02:01:11 PM »

Which won't help weight loss!  Breakfast is the MOST important meal of the day  ;)

Did you get through the night without symptoms? I woke tih reflux due to not eating enough yesterday  ::)

lily

« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2017, 12:05:54 AM »

Yeah, getting through the nights but think it's a bit of anxiety in with the mix - becoming anxious about going to bed and feeling off, not sleeping very well. Flushes also worse, this time of life.......🙃
Pages: [1] 2