Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Missed period  (Read 15442 times)

Claireylou

Re: Missed period
« Reply #45 on: March 19, 2017, 02:20:29 PM »

Me again  :'(

Well my period is still going. It'll ease right up for a bit then when I move or stand it'll gush a bit.

This feeling like it's never going to end is depressing the heck out of me. It just doesn't seem to want to end. Please ladies, I'm in a right state today. Any thoughts xxx :'( :'(

nearly50

« Reply #46 on: March 19, 2017, 04:33:28 PM »

I just looked up my last period in January and it lasted 18 days, don't know if that helps you any. The one before in October lasted 14 days. Now that I know that there's no such thing as normal or regular or predictable I just have to go with the flow (literally).

Claireylou

« Reply #47 on: March 19, 2017, 04:50:58 PM »

Hi Nearly 50, thank you so much for replying  :)

It's such a long time to bleed isn't it >:(

This one shows no sign of stopping at the moment. I think what's frightening me most is the stop start nature of it. I can go for hours wearing the same pad with just minimal flow, stand up or move and have a small gush which then saturates the pad.

I know I've got to become more relaxed about it all but couple it with health anxiety and I'm on a downward spiral of doom gloom and sheer panic xxx

nearly50

« Reply #48 on: March 19, 2017, 04:57:31 PM »

Yeah, it is rubbish. I probably lose about 10 times the amount of blood I used to. Maybe worth talking to your doctor if it is causing you a lot of stress. I use tampons and towels as one alone is not enough so I'm a bit less aware of the stopping and starting. I've always assumed it is my fibroids which have caused the stopping and starting, can't remember if you said you had them?

Claireylou

« Reply #49 on: March 19, 2017, 05:08:14 PM »

Yeah I've got a few really tiny ones which have never given me any problems until now. I'm going to see if I can get an appointment with my doctor this week. Worrying like this has made me feel really poorly.

I really appreciate your help Nearly50, thank you for replying xxx

Claireylou

« Reply #50 on: March 19, 2017, 06:03:47 PM »

Thank you very much Sparkle, I really appreciate your concern xxx

Claireylou

« Reply #51 on: March 22, 2017, 12:17:57 PM »

Well it's still going strong  >:(

Managed to get a phone consultation with my GP. He has prescribed tranexamic (sp) tablets. I've never heard of them before but I'm seriously hoping they'll work. This is affecting my family now. It's still really heavy xxx  :'(

nearly50

« Reply #52 on: March 22, 2017, 12:24:11 PM »

Hi Claireylou, that's a shame, didn't realise it was that heavy or I would've suggested tranexamic tablets.

I'm sure they will work quite quickly, if you do a search for it you'll find times it has been mentioned on here.

Claireylou

« Reply #53 on: March 22, 2017, 01:07:40 PM »

Hi Nearly50,

Thank you. I shall have a browse now. Doctor didn't seem concerned. Said it's probably the beginning of the end xxx

nearly50

« Reply #54 on: March 26, 2017, 12:09:32 PM »

Hi Claireylou, Just wondering how things are going with you now? Hope things have calmed down for you now. My period seems to have tailed off already, thank goodness. Hope you are the same and that we both have a huge gap before the next one to make up for it! Have to hope we're both nearing the end of this!

Take care

Claireylou

« Reply #55 on: March 26, 2017, 12:21:08 PM »

Hi Nearly50, thank you so much for thinking about me. I'm so pleased that things have calmed down for you now  :)

I'm not too bad. The tranexamic acid calmed things right down. Took them for the prescribed four days. Stopped them yesterday and the bleeding has come back a bit today :(

I'm off to the docs tomorrow, I need this sorting. Never felt so low xxx

nearly50

« Reply #56 on: March 27, 2017, 06:49:11 AM »

Let us know what the doctor say, do you think you could've had two periods running into each other? .Mine stated again at 2am  which is very random. I think it is the unpredictability which is hardest to deal with.

Claireylou

« Reply #57 on: March 27, 2017, 06:52:21 AM »

Oh I'm sorry to hear yours has come back. Yes, it's the unpredictability that is very frightening I agree.

Could it be possible for two periods to come together without any break? I hadn't thought of that xxx

nearly50

« Reply #58 on: March 27, 2017, 07:24:13 AM »

Yeah I think so as this happened this time last year for me just before quite a long gap. Doctor didn't seem to think it was that unusual. Might be worth asking for blood tests to see how you're iron/ferritin levels are doing as mine halved last year after having periods back to back.

Good luck.

Claireylou

« Reply #59 on: March 27, 2017, 09:03:23 AM »

Thank you  :)

Just got back from my GP. He's ordered blood tests (being done next week), ordered a pelvic ultrasound to see if my little fibroids are causing this, and a gynae referral. So all quite comprehensive. I'm glad I'm being referred etc but scared stiff at the same time.

It had all virtually disappeared this morning. I thought great, it's finally stopping. But nope, it's back though nowhere near as heavy. Xxx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6