Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: ovaires and tubes gone only  (Read 1945 times)

sassy44

ovaires and tubes gone only
« on: March 01, 2017, 06:51:50 PM »

Has anyone else had just their ovaries and tubes removed, im trying to find out how they are coping and what hrt etc they are taking. Thank you x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: ovaires and tubes gone only
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2017, 07:01:53 PM »

Rather than a full hysterectomy ?

sassy44

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2017, 07:18:38 PM »

Yes, I still have womb,uterus but no ovaries or tubes. On Hrt but wondered if anyone else had had the same op.

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2017, 08:08:46 PM »

I don't remember it being discussed B4, do tell us more - how old you are, maybe how you reached this operative procudure?

sassy44

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2017, 08:45:24 PM »

It's called an oopherectomy. I had it done as had painful ovarian cysts. Ovaries removed due to the attachment of the cysts. I'm 44 and 6 weeks post op. Had a mirena coil fitted but that moved and caused pain so was removed I now find myself on everol 50 sequi conti patches that cause a monthly bleed which is the womb linig coming away. Have good days and bad days,mood swings too. Had a thyroidectomy when I was 16 so on levo too. Oh the joys of mid age lol x

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2017, 08:59:59 PM »

That's a good explanation,  :thankyou: - I put "oopherectomy" into the search button here and several threads popped up, you might try to see if any are helpful?

LJB12

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2017, 08:27:53 PM »

Hi sassy! Yes, im a BSO person too. Dec 2015, and currently struggling to find happy dose of estrogen for me :-(

sassy44

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2017, 09:21:29 PM »

Hello, it's really hard finding someone in similar position isn't it? I'm now on my 5thweek of evorel sequi 50 and seem now to be settling ok. I hope it lasts. I just wish I had more info before op to prepare me for hrt and everything that goes with it. Please may I ask how old you are?  I was initially on th mireana coil and patch but that moved out of place and was painful. I think it's a case of trying and testing and looking at sights for help and info and also understanding we are not alone in our quests for a peaceful menopause whether surgical or natural! X 

LJB12

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2017, 10:07:12 PM »

I'm struggling tbh. I'm on the mirena coil too. Was ok on Elleste Solo 2mg for a year but got put on patches and I'm not sure that I'm getting on well with them. 100mcg seems too much and I got anxiety and a total lack of confidence. Tried the pills again but felt too low. It really is trial and error but I only get an appt every 3-6 months so there's a lot of struggle in the meantime.

You will get there! Do keep in touch.

sassy44

« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2017, 05:56:14 AM »

It's hard getting that im ok feeling back isn't it, I made myself so worried and upset reading through Google etc, worst thing to do! Maybe ask to try evorel patches. I have a monthly bleed on them which I think maybe makes my brain believe im on a period so that helps me feel ok I think. The first patch change over made me feel very irritable and teary but touch wood now I feel fine I have to take levo as no thyroid gland too so my weight is now my issue. How are you and wh did you have op if you don't mind me asking? And where are you based? Thank you for chatting too. 

LJB12

« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2017, 08:02:37 AM »

Hiya! I'm in the South East and had the BSO because of pmdd. Early days but so far I seem good with a 75mcg patch so hope that continues!

What's the weight issue - I'm trying to take off about 2 stone I put on since the year running up to the op and since xxx

sassy44

« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2017, 07:45:02 PM »

South east too! Weight always been a prob but more aware I need to lose some now for healthy life and future. Hope you continue to feel better. All trial and error lol.

LJB12

« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2017, 08:31:17 PM »

We can do this!