Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Any recommended beauty products?  (Read 5630 times)

nearly50

Any recommended beauty products?
« on: March 05, 2017, 06:23:32 PM »

Anything you've recently tried and loved, or maybe you have an old favourite you've used for years?

Discovered John Freida root blur today, and it has covered my grey roots really well. Should do me til my next hair appointment, as long as I don't have a reaction to it (have super sensitive skin)

My old favourite is Nivea creme, never used anything but this.

flutterby

Re: Any recommended beauty products?
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2017, 07:02:12 PM »

I used Nivea day cream for years most times only paying £1.99 for the tube.
Just before I came off HRT I swapped to Nurture face cream and Replenish serum (Healthspan's). I'm glad I did as my skin hasn't suffered as much as I thought it would. Flutterbyx

Annie0710

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2017, 08:37:16 PM »

ive signed up to beauty box, you pay a subscription each month and choose between 3,6 and 9 products per month to try (trial size) with money saving vouchers plus they throw in freebies.  You say which brands you're interested in and/or animal cruelty free etc and state your age

This was my first month and they threw in free a make up bag, menopause book ! And small hand sanitizer

nearly50

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2017, 09:41:30 AM »

ive signed up to beauty box, you pay a subscription each month and choose between 3,6 and 9 products per month to try (trial size) with money saving vouchers plus they throw in freebies.  You say which brands you're interested in and/or animal cruelty free etc and state your age

This was my first month and they threw in free a make up bag, menopause book ! And small hand sanitizer

Sounds interesting Annie, I think I looked at something similar a few years ago. Being so sensitive to new products put me off a bit. Were you happy with the products?

ancient runner

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2017, 11:40:58 AM »

Pollyfilla.  ;D

Annie0710

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2017, 12:36:10 PM »

Sounds interesting Annie, I think I looked at something similar a few years ago. Being so sensitive to new products put me off a bit. Were you happy with the products?

I haven't tried any of it yet ! My daughter is paying each month for me as a thankyou (god knows how many times I've told her I do things for love not money!) but  I'm allergic to so many things I'll keep my injections close by when I do try them ! I got an eyeshadow palette in different shades (these are more shimmery) but same brand as what I already use so I should be ok with that , others I can think of is a night face cream, foot cream with socks and a lovely hand cream (I've tried that !) x

Scampi

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2017, 02:28:19 PM »

I love Liz Earle - I have psoriasis on my face and I've had combination skin all my adult life.  Now the onset of peri and my Mirena coil affect it also, and have made it sensitive and easily dried - the Liz Earle products make it feel clean and moisturised without ever feeling tight, irritated or weighed down with gloop!

babyjane

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2017, 07:12:01 PM »

Pure organic virgin cold pressed Moroccan Argan Oil - great for skin, hair ( shiny and frizz free), nails............and not a chemical in sight  :)

Pennyfarthing

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2017, 07:27:48 PM »

Elizabeth Arden 8 hour cream. Never without it.

nearly50

« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2017, 07:29:07 PM »

Might have a look at Liz Earle myself. My hands and legs seem to be drier than they used to be, but bizarrely my face seems to be less dry.

Annie0710, that's lovely of your daughter :)

Suzi Q

« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2017, 08:00:37 AM »

Chritian Dior anti wrinkle yes its exy but you can get the real thing on ebay