Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Update on my situation  (Read 1534 times)

Annidav

Update on my situation
« on: March 15, 2017, 09:08:00 PM »

Hi all - I haven't been on here for some time but have been checking in from time to time and I thought I would give an update.  The last time I posted was, I think, back in October, when I had been prescribed Citalapram for my anxiety and I was asking people's opinions.

Well, I decided to take them. Unfortunately they did not agree with me at all. I spiralled down into a very, very bad state of anxiety, I couldn't sleep and lost my appetite (the latter not being a bad thing); I was fretting about things on the news wondering how on earth I would cope if it were me in whatever position was being reported, I couldn't go out anywhere other than the immediate vicinity of my home, I was convinced the colour of my nail varnish was to blame for bad things happening. I developed A mild form of OCD, couldn't think straight, couldn't make a decision without analysing every option and then, having made a decision, worrying and convincing myself that it was the wrong decision. I ended up having two and a half months off work and I had general anxiety counselling. 

As a result of that counselling we worked out that the anxiety was being caused by an incident which happened to me exactly four years earlier - a work related incident which was massive for me and for which I had general counselling at that time but as a result of this latter counselling it was identified that I should have PTSD counselling but I was advised that the initial appointment would take several months to come through. So although my anxiety hasn't been CAUSED by meno, it hasn't been helped by it!

I stopped taking the Citalapram after nearly two weeks and was prescribed diazepam (short term) and back on (low dose mirtazipine) to help me sleep. I was referred to Occ Health but am pleased/relieved to say they were very supportive of me in their Report and said this was an illness, that I wasn't yet fully recovered and wouldn't be until I had completed the PTSD counselling and recommended a phased return to work.

I am still waiting on an initial appointment for the PTSD counselling.

I went back to work in January under a phased return but am now back up to my usual hours. I am anxious every single day, particularly in the mornings. I do find it eases as the day progresses but starts up again at night (worrying about what awaits me at work the next day). I have had a few wobbles (work related) since my return and have raised these by emails to my manager - nothing of note in return.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Update on my situation
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2017, 09:22:43 PM »

You have been through the mill!   My worst time is mornings  :-\, by evening I'm a different person.  I have learnt not to say 'yes' to anything after 4.00 p.m. because by morning, anxiety will be off the scale.  I found using Valium as necessary helpful.  Because I knew it worked I didn't need to take anymore than the 10mg to ease symptoms.  Now I have another drug to use when anxiety floors me.

It is awful when medication acts opposite to what it has been designed for  :o.  at a time when the sufferer needs support.  It is good to know that work has been supportive!

How do you feel over-all?

Woodlands

Re: Update on my situation
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2017, 11:36:26 PM »

Wow fiftygirl.
What an amazingly strong, resilient lady you are.......I has something similar and fought the anxiety too.
I useto have a morning wobble but found eating a slice of toast or biscuit before bed helped with any chance of low sugars....can happen to us none diabetics too.
One day at a time, do dump or delegate and look after you first and foremost .
Hugs Woodlands xx