Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: VA suffere with morning panics - help  (Read 3225 times)

linfit

VA suffere with morning panics - help
« on: March 03, 2017, 09:43:36 AM »

HI
I have been struggling to get VA symptoms under control for nearly 7 months; not there yet but a bit better. Using vagifem five times a week.

I am not on systemic hrt.

Not sure why but could be to do with the trial and tribulations of the last 7 months (which is also on the back of several life events and stresses over the last year). The worst thing I am dealing with is every morning I wake up trembling and in a panic. It eases as the morning wears on but I hate the feeling and it starts every day off wrong.

Does anyone think this is normal?, will it pass?, Any tips? Help, I have had it a few months now. Think it started when I would wake up worrying what my day would be like symptom wise and I just can't shke it off.

I am 53, posy meno. Feeling a bit depressed and a bit anxious generally.

Tinkerbell

Re: VA suffere with morning panics - help
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2017, 03:11:11 PM »

I needed to go on full systemic HRT before I really got my VA under control.
It sounds like you are probably suffering with the fall out all the stress you have had to deal with.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2017, 03:21:36 PM »

Anxiety and VA are treated differently.  Maybe use Vagifem every night as well as a lubricant i.e. KY Jelly, some ladies find Sylc (sp) to apply to the outer/inner lips to keep the whole area moist useful.

Do you keep a mood/food/symptom diary to chart feelings?  Early morning anxiety may be a rise in Cortisol and adrenaline to get you out of bed but it can be difficult to deal with >sigh<.  I have a BBs to take 2 daily which eases those surges.

linfit

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2017, 05:43:48 PM »

Anxiety and VA are treated differently.  Maybe use Vagifem every night as well as a lubricant i.e. KY Jelly, some ladies find Sylc (sp) to apply to the outer/inner lips to keep the whole area moist useful.

Do you keep a mood/food/symptom diary to chart feelings?  Early morning anxiety may be a rise in Cortisol and adrenaline to get you out of bed but it can be difficult to deal with >sigh<.  I have a BBs to take 2 daily which eases those surges.

Thanks CLKD and Tinkerbell.

CLKD

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2017, 05:48:32 PM »

I used Valium on an 'as necessary' basis with success for years and now have beta-blockas as well as an emergency pill when anxiety overwhelms me.

If you have had a bereavement you may find CRUSE worth contacting for someone to talk to.

Suzi Q

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2017, 07:24:42 AM »

HI
I have been struggling to get VA symptoms under control for nearly 7 months; not there yet but a bit better. Using vagifem five times a week.

I am not on systemic hrt.

Not sure why but could be to do with the trial and tribulations of the last 7 months (which is also on the back of several life events and stresses over the last year). The worst thing I am dealing with is every morning I wake up trembling and in a panic. It eases as the morning wears on but I hate the feeling and it starts every day off wrong.

Does anyone think this is normal?, will it pass?, Any tips? Help, I have had it a few months now. Think it started when I would wake up worrying what my day would be like symptom wise and I just can't shke it off.

I am 53, posy meno. Feeling a bit depressed and a bit anxious generally.

Me too and in 23 yrs post meno last periods at 42. I was given beta blocas for what you have they work brilliantly.  I dont use them all the time. Just take them when the symptoms come on.  Sometimes they go after a week sometimes a month

Lilyloos

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2017, 12:15:38 PM »

Hi Suzi Q! Just back on this brilliant website as need to reassure you that this is normal post and peri meno symptom.  I too had horrendous anxiety when I woke every morning, felt like my body was vibrating inside.  It eased as the day went on with the odd feeling of heat rising and panic following through the day.  I would wake with a surge of adrenaline around my solar plexus and my heart would then race and I would feel like I was burning inside.  GP at the time said I was depressed and had anxiety, this was not the case, but his reluctance to support/reassure me this was menopause symptom, did eventually make me depressed over the course of about 10 months.  I came off anti depressants as they made me feel poorly, but did try them for a while.
Eventually the anxiety almost went away.  However, after spending a week in Mallorca on what was supposed to be a relaxing walking holiday the palpitations have reappeared 😡  May be because of the intense heat over there, I don't know, but I know they will eventually go away again.  Beta blockers do help aswell!  Hope these feelings settle quickly for you but they are 'normal' x

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2017, 12:36:49 PM »

Although I am aware of the fight/flight response, because 4 me, anxiety is physical that knowledge is useless.   I find that anxiety levels rise when it's hot so I try to munch more regularly. 

Suzi Q

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2017, 12:41:45 PM »

Hi Suzi Q! Just back on this brilliant website as need to reassure you that this is normal post and peri meno symptom.  I too had horrendous anxiety when I woke every morning, felt like my body was vibrating inside.  It eased as the day went on with the odd feeling of heat rising and panic following through the day.  I would wake with a surge of adrenaline around my solar plexus and my heart would then race and I would feel like I was burning inside.  GP at the time said I was depressed and had anxiety, this was not the case, but his reluctance to support/reassure me this was menopause symptom, did eventually make me depressed over the course of about 10 months.  I came off anti depressants as they made me feel poorly, but did try them for a while.
Eventually the anxiety almost went away.  However, after spending a week in Mallorca on what was supposed to be a relaxing walking holiday the palpitations have reappeared 😡  May be because of the intense heat over there, I don't know, but I know they will eventually go away again.  Beta blockers do help aswell!  Hope these feelings settle quickly for you but they are 'normal' x

Hope your well. My Atrophy is something I have learned to live with.
No inner labias left now all gone disolved into the skin quite scarey to look at.
I actually felt them go slowly over 9 years now. Id get throbs on them and theyd go smaller weekly. Ive got a wee blip now just a bit burny scratch feeling oddly after i put my vagifem in this evening.  But really ive no idea why or when i get a blip just happens🐘

Hurdity

« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2017, 07:22:58 AM »

Hi Lilyloos

It may be that you need systemic HRT for other symptoms such as anxiety and palpitations as well as local oestrogen for your VA symptoms. If the cause is low oestrogen generally then it's best to replace the oestrogen rather than take drugs like ADs or beta-blockers - provided there is no medical reason not to.

Hurdity x

Lilyloos

« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2017, 04:19:26 PM »

Hi Hurdity
Thanks for your response. Yes adrenaline rushes/palps/anxiety back so I did go back to GP last week, and she has agreed to put me back on HRT after a 2 year break (almost).  I am on Evorel Conti patches, just first week obviously.  I didn't realise that symptoms could possibly come back after I had been through an awful time in 2014, even then I was post menopause.  Hey ho, I am
Hoping they work.  This is nuts!
Thanks Hurdity
Lilyloos