Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Struggling badly with psychological issues.  (Read 5952 times)

jessieblue

Re: Struggling badly with psychological issues.
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2017, 05:36:06 PM »

I have a lot of things to try and that is a lifeline for me at the moment.  Just thinking that there may be some things to help me feel better is a massive bonus.  I have a starting point and some lovely ladies to chat to.  Its a massive relief finding this site.  I need to get the belief back that I can be well.  I think I have accepted feeling and being like this, which has been easier than fighting it on some level.  I cannot remember what normal feels like, my normal I mean.....I never was normal really. Lol.  Just to have peace of mind........Im so grateful to everyone that has replied to my posts.  I appreciate the struggles that you all have on a daily basis as well and how kind you all are to offer help to others.  xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2017, 07:26:58 PM »

I may have said that keeping a food/mood/symptom diary might be useful? Also don't take on too much at once, learn to say 'no' until you have more energy and can see the wood for the trees. 

Peri-wrecked

« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2017, 11:44:41 AM »

Jessieblue, I feel for you because I am going through the exact same thing. Only thing is I don't have a lovely husband by my side.
I'm wondering I was in a low estrogen/high progesterone pill when my anxiety started 3 years ago so after a few months I came off the pill and severe anxiety hit-I wonder is it because I needed a higher  dose estrogen pill?  I'm seeing the lovely ladies here have recommended that you need estrogen so I'm thinking perhaps I need a pill with a higher dose too. I too am like you in that I am scared to try anything for fear of getting worse. But this is not living at all. I really hope you get some relief soon.
Dee

SalW

« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2017, 12:53:41 PM »

So sorry to hear you are struggling Jessieblue.  I have terrible anxiety and in particular health anxiety that seems to have got massively worse since I hit peri.  I went on hrt about 3 years ago and that helped so much.  Took a little time to get in my system but it got rid of my hot flushes and my palpitations which were horrendous and caused me massive health anxiety.  Hang in there and I am sure you will feel better soon.  It's so hard to be patient when we are going through all of this I know.  Mindfulness really helped me too.  Might be worth a try. Wishing you all the best, Sal x

jessieblue

« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2017, 06:02:53 PM »

Im so sorry to hear you ladies are suffering health anxiety with all this meno stuff too.  It really is debillitating isnt it?  I have one symptom or another every day....bladder irritibility or nausea or acid reflux or churning stomach or headaches or palps.....and so on.  Everyone will render me terrified.  Its so rediculous that I get so scared of symptoms I have had so many times before.  I mean my acid reflux has been around since I was 18 or so.  It goes away for a while and then it pops up and I focus on it all the time and get into a cycle of fear that this time its something more serious.  I tend to feel every health problem will be incurable and stay with me forever.  I kind of feel untreatable if that makes sense?  Its one of my biggest fear having a chronic problem that doesnt respond to any meds.  I know Im being irrational.....but it DOESNT feel irrational when I have the symptoms.  Wish I had an off switch.

jorainbow

« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2017, 06:21:34 PM »

Off switch!!! Oh I wish I had one too!!!! As for irrational that's the old part of the brain. The rational part of the brain which knows anxiety is a load of tosh unfortunately gets overridden by the old brain. That for me is the hardest part - why can't the old brain just sod off! !! Anxiery will latch onto things too - for me it's taking meds because I had a panic attack 7 years ago when swallowing a tablet. Irrational  - absolutely!!! It's awful and also unfair that it gets worse due to hormones 😡😡 and I agree with Dee it's no way to love life xxx

SalW

« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2017, 06:37:28 PM »

I'd LOVE an off switch too!!  Logic just goes out the window  :o xx

jessieblue

« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2017, 06:40:29 PM »

Oh I am so with you.  One bad experience and my mind just latches on.....I can feel it doing so and try so hard to think of something else.  Its so damn powerful.  I totally need a partial lobotomy!  I wish they could just erase that unhelpful part of your brain.......maybeone day.  :)

jorainbow

« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2017, 06:43:24 PM »

We need one of those things from Men in Black. Zap and remember nothing!!!!! 😂😂😂

jessieblue

« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2017, 06:46:15 PM »

You know......that could be the answer to all my problems!

CLKD

« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2017, 10:14:25 PM »

I kept Milk of Magnesia in business when I was growing up, now I can't buy it anywhere  >:(.  The moment I felt queasy I would chew tablets ..... stopped my phobia rising too hard. 

How's your day been jessie? which reminds me ........

jessieblue

« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2017, 11:06:41 AM »

Snap!!  Milk of magnesia.......thats what my mum would pump down me if i felt sick or had tummyache.  Havent seen it for years.  It was quite nice actually.  My day has been ok.  I went to hynotherapy on wednesday.  Hoping that will calm things down a bit.  I did have a slightly better day thursday so maybe it helped relax me.  How is everyone else doing?  I hope we are all coping ok.  From all the posts here its clear we are all struggling with lots of challenges.  We women certainly dont have things easy.

Ju Ju

« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2017, 02:55:35 PM »

I went to see a hypnotherapist a few years ago. He was one of the contributors on a course my husband went on and offered to see if he could help with a phobia I have. We didn't get far with that, as we got sidetracked by the anger I carried towards my mum. He did an NLP exercise with me to 'switch ' off the anger, which was wonderful as I was able to seek and be open to counselling and coaching after that. I was too closed and terrified of the anger I had suppressed before. Hypnotherapy and counselling can be wonderful, but you have to be open and ready for it. I did try hypnotherapy a fear years before without success. Not the hypnotherapists fault, though I think he should have realised we weren't getting anywhere sooner. I was too protective or frightened of myself to relax. A hypnotherapist cannot make you do anything you aren't prepared to do.

CLKD

« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2017, 03:09:17 PM »

I was told that I am unsuitable for hypnotherapy  ::)
Pages: 1 [2]