Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Oestrogen dosage  (Read 1545 times)

Cassie

Oestrogen dosage
« on: March 03, 2017, 06:17:00 AM »

Following on from my last topic, I have been using the gel at one pump per day which would deliver 0.75mg of oestrogen. I have, in the past few weeks, started using less than 1 pump, its a bit difficult, with the pump action, but it is definitely not a full pump as I have been gettting really painful boobs so decided to reduce the dosage.

So am thinking I am getting in probably around 0.37mg of oestrogen, not sure how much is absorbed transdermally, I am not getting any hot flushes or other symptoms on the reduced dosage, but was concernerd that,  this small amount may not be enough to protect bones, heart health etc or should I rather stay on the one pump, just playing around a bit with dosage to see if it will ease the boob pain but not sure if there is in fact a minimum dosage of oestrogen that is recommended for protection?  :-\
« Last Edit: March 03, 2017, 07:30:17 AM by Cassie »

Liz

Re: Esterogen dosages.
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2017, 06:59:21 AM »

I've been having the same issues, Cassie.  Been on 1 pump for a while and getting really heavy, painful boobs, so am trying a reduced amount myself.  Trouble is, 1 pump is a low dose anyway, so I'm wondering if half a pump is worth it. Hard to know what to do, isn't it?  Then I have the Utrogestan question, if I only use half a pump.  Could be too much Utro if only using half a pump. Nightmare, isn't it?

Cassie

Re: Esterogen dosages.
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2017, 07:29:39 AM »

Well this is my issue, do I still need to take 100mg x 12 days if I am using so little of the gel, its a nightmare to try and figure it out and to know if we are getting in enough of the good stuff, I guess, not having symptoms is a good thing, it is a low dose, but what confuses me is when I look at a stick on patch, they are only delivering a dosage of 50 micrograms daily so way way lower than the gel....I dont really see how we can go lower than half a pump, may as well stop altogether then...really want a low dosage of Oestrogen as I get older as would like to stay on it as long as possible, may have to ask the Dr to swap me to a patch such as Estrodot which is very light.... :-\

Ladies who are using the low dose patch how much progesterone are you taking in  monthly?

Liz

Re: Oestrogen dosage
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2017, 10:59:02 AM »

Eek! I've been using 12 x 200mg Utro, not 100g.  Wondering if this is definitely an overkill on such a low dose of gel then?

Cassie

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2017, 11:07:26 AM »

That is the prescribed dosage for cyclical but I use the 100mg, it still gives a good bleed and the lining stays thin, I found the 200mg far too heavy.

Liz

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2017, 01:19:48 PM »

Must admit, I do feel zonked and yukky on the 200mg.  Perhaps I'll try the 100mg next month.