Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Swapping to Evorel Conti from Femoston Conti, what to expect?  (Read 4441 times)

SalW

Hello.

Just wondering if anyone has swapped from Femoston conti to Evorel conti? 
I was noticing menopause symptoms again on femoston, anxiety, crawling skin/parathesia, suddenly feel overwhelmingly sad and tearful.  I have been swapped to Evorel patch.  Not sure if this will increase my estrogen or not? 
I put the first patch on last night but woke at 4 am with a hot flush and anxiety. 
Does anyone know if it takes a while for the patch to get in the system?  Also it's a little bit creased in the middle and slightly fluffy round the edges (it's on the outside of my thigh below pant line) is this ok? 
Sorry to ask so many silly questions but hope someone can help.   :-\

Sal xx

Hurdity

Re: Swapping to Evorel Conti from Femoston Conti, what to expect?
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2017, 04:33:55 PM »

Hi SalW

Sorry I can't help with the swapping and Femoston as I've never taken this, but what dose of Femoston was it? I presume it was the 1 mg dose? Femoston 1 mg is classed as low dose and Evorel 50 mcg as medium dose oestrogen so theoretically you could be getting more.  However women vary in how much they absorb from the different types of HRT and also in how they react to the different progestogens. Some women find that they need a higher dose of oestrogen when on the progestogen part of HRT and you are on it all the time - and this might account for the flush.  However if it was just one - then keep an eye on it - or rather try to forget about it and see how you get on after the first couple of months!

They always go a bit fluffy round the edges - I put my (tiny) Estradot patch on my butt cheek away from knicker line and jeans (low) waistbands and it always sticks well. Just make sure you do the warm palm thing every now and again to re-stick it if it comes away slightly.

Good luck :)

Hurdity x

SalW

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2017, 06:35:24 PM »

Thanks so much for your reply Hurdity :). Yes it was 1mg estradiol and 5mg dygesterone.  That's great info about the estrogen levels and really helpful.  It has only been the one flush and I feel much better today already as far as anxiety goes which is a big relief!  It's a good idea to try to forget about it and give it time.  Will have a go at the warm palm, glad to know it's normal to be fluffy!! I was a bit concerned about swapping to the different progesterone but so far so good...early days yet but I'm hoping I won't get too many side effects as I didn't have any on the femoston and that was the only other hrt I've tried.  Fingers crossed.  Thanks again, Sal x :)

vickypk

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2017, 08:14:34 PM »

Hi SalW
Good luck with the evorel conti patch, I'm using that one.
xx

SalW

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2017, 09:06:41 PM »

Hi Vickypk

Thanks for your post.  How are you finding it?  It seems fine so far for me but I know it's only been just over 24 hours!  Have you been on it long? :)

Sal x

vickypk

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2017, 10:17:25 AM »

Hi Sal
Thanks for your reply.
I've been using the evorel conti patches for about 18 months.  I had a few side effects in the beginning with stomach cramps and slight headaches, so I cut the patches to a quarter and built them up slowly and I am fine with them now. 
I tried estrogel and utrogestan plus testim for a few months before that and felt worse with that regime.  This HRT regime does suit a lot of people on this site.
The patches have helped me a lot.  Before that I think I must have had every menopause symptom possible!  I am back to swimming in the outside pool every day, I do a few miles running as well.  Most of the time I feel very well.
Let me know how you get on.
Vicky xx

SalW

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2017, 05:08:31 PM »

Thanks Vicky, really good to hear how well you are doing on this hrt.  I'm still feeling fine with no side effects so far.  Will let you know how things go.  That's great about all the swimming and running you are doing, you must have plenty energy!  Sal xx :)