Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Where's murphydurf?  (Read 7965 times)

Murphydurf

Re: Where's murphydurf?
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2017, 01:43:51 PM »

Thank-you Annie0710 and Menomale - I couldn't sum it up better. It's the self doubt which is intolerable  when you KNOW yourself so well and what makes YOU tick! This sort of prescribing is dangerous! I became really unwell and unable to function properly which makes you even more susceptible to prescriptive nonsense, not relevant to your needs but which you consider as you're desperate. We're mostly mature women with many and varied experiences between us and we come here for support and assurance. I have to say that with one exception that's what I've received on here and I'm very grateful for that.

Mx

Menomale

« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2017, 01:48:34 PM »

Leave it behind you, focus on your health now, we're here to help and to seek help, not to add more trouble to our already troubled bodies/minds.

I'm glad your're back!  :D

Elizabethrose

« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2017, 01:52:38 PM »

Murphydurf, I'm glad you've returned, I'm also glad that you have explained why you had left. Too many members just disappear because of upset and then sadly the problems can never be resolved.

We'd love you to stay and may I suggest that you just totally ignore the offending individual and their remarks, 'water off a duck's back'!! Don't even read them.

This is a particularly tricky stage of our lives and this forum can and should be a support to all.

All good wishes to you. x

Menomale

« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2017, 01:57:20 PM »

"Water off a duck's backËœ, ER you're wise! And please keep posting these expressions, maybe one day I'll speak proper English  ;)

Elizabethrose

« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2017, 02:01:03 PM »

I wish my Portuguese was as good as your English Menomale, sometimes I forget you're Brazilian! All I can say is that you're a fantastic linguist!!

Maybe that's a new thread in the making, idioms. x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2017, 02:47:03 PM »

OK - Murpydurf: I can't see your thread/s any reason to leave  :-\ - good advice given by Members of long-standing.  What some don't realise is that the written word is static.  What is given as advice and suggestions which can be filtered and used/not appropriately, can seem stubbornly 'you must do that/this' when written.

Some ladies find that keeping a mood/food/symptom diary useful, enabling them to chart the ups and downs of symptoms.  Handy to take it to the Practice Nurse or GP  ::) to reiterate what is required.

Menomale

« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2017, 02:58:40 PM »

I'd love that, ER. As I said in another thread (words you like) it's so nice to learn different words and expressions in English, Scottish, Irish, Welsh, Australian, Kiwi, American, Canadian... a world of words.

dahliagirl

« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2017, 04:09:14 PM »

Hi Murphydurf - do keep posting and adding to the varied experiences.

I had a locum doctor that said 'Anything goes in menopause' when I was all confused about my symptoms.  As I see it, there is no one-size-fits-all and no typical experience.  It would be so much easier....... ::)  You have to work out what fits you best and what you are happy with.

CLKD

« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2017, 05:34:52 PM »

Some days I can't remember who I am or what day it is  ::).

Murphydurf

« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2017, 09:19:04 PM »

Thank you ladies - your support is very much appreciated.

Mx

Tempest

« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2017, 10:25:34 PM »

Just popping by to say - love all you fantastic ladies, and you all ROCK! Don't let anyone make you feel uncomfortable - you know what's best for you and your body!

Murph - dammit, girl! I'm so glad to hear from you. Please stay? Just so that we can continue the banter about Edinbugger's and Weegie's at least.  ;) ;D xxxx

And wise words, Annie - you're totally one of the 'good 'un's' and always have such kindness in your posts.  :) xxxx

Menomale - I'm making you an honarary Scot, as of now! You don't need to learn to play the bagpipes (but maybe I should learn Brazilian - your English is always impeccable by the way)!  ;) :) xxxx

Menomale

« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2017, 11:00:04 PM »

Wow, thank you lady Tempest! Mr. Trump, here I go...  ;D
http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-35054360

Annie0710

« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2017, 11:07:08 PM »

Aw thankyou Tempest !

I warm to nice people and that's why I hold you ladies in such high regard

My mum always taught me "if you can't say anything nice, say nothing at all"

Xx

Menomale

« Reply #28 on: March 01, 2017, 01:45:09 PM »

It looks like she's been gone or banned :'(

I hope you're ok, murphy!

CLKD

« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2017, 08:18:50 PM »

Why would she be banned? People are free to come and go .......
Pages: 1 [2]