Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: I get one thing under control and then another starts!  (Read 1731 times)

Love_vodka

I get one thing under control and then another starts!
« on: February 28, 2017, 09:47:08 PM »

I'm on my second month of hrt oestrogen patches 50. I'm doing ok and my hot flushes,night sweats and emotions have settled well.
I've recently started getting a few other symptoms and not sure if a higher/lower dose of patch would benefit me? I'm due to see my go in a couple of weeks.
My new symptoms are getting up frequently during the night to pee! Fine during the day, no pelvic floor issues. I've tried cutting caffeine,drinking less on an evening and nothing seems to work so far but am open to suggestions.
Itchy,crawly skin,again only during the night. I'm scratching like mad. My skin doesn't seem overly dry and I moisturise regularly. It doesn't happen at all during the day.
And tender breasts ( not so much of an issue) they are not 'bothering' me as such but wondered if my symptoms would be due to needing more estrogen or if it is just fluctuating hormones?
I've tried googling but no straight forward answers. Thankyou.
Xxx

Annie0710

Re: I get one thing under control and then another starts!
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2017, 10:01:17 PM »

Itchy crawly skin was one of my low oestrogen symptoms x

Love_vodka

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2017, 10:11:37 PM »

Thanks Annie. It kept me up for hours last night. I might see if the dr will let me try the next dose up xxx

Annie0710

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2017, 10:32:18 PM »

It could be fluctuating hormones or your own overriding the hrt.  Initially I was put on a lower dose (1mg) oestrogen and it took all my symptoms away but within a few weeks they were returning so I got given 2mg and worked a treat for years x

Love_vodka

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2017, 10:42:03 PM »

Thanks Annie. I guess it's just trial and error. I just wasn't sure if my symptoms were low or high oestrogen or something else.
Thanks again for your reply xxx

Annemaria

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2017, 04:07:42 PM »

I love vodka too!  ::)

My personal experience is when my boobs hurt, I have to reduce estrogen and symptoms disappear within a day or two.

Annemarie

dahliagirl

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2017, 04:47:33 PM »

If you need a higher dose, normally your symptoms would go away, then come back again.

Re night time bladder - it is worth trying to drink plenty through the day (water and light coloured juice/squash - not too much tea and coffee).  It helps stretch the bladder and get it used to being full, so that it does not overreact.  (Tip learned from the Enuresis clinic I went to with my daughter, which has stood me in good stead  ;) )

Love_vodka

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2017, 09:21:34 PM »

Thanks Annemaria.

Thanks dahlia girl I will give it a shot xxx