Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Very hot  (Read 1368 times)

kenny

Very hot
« on: March 03, 2017, 07:34:43 PM »

Hi , I haven't been on for a few month as I came off HRT in October. Everything was going great however the last few weeks I am suffering with major heat from going to bed and dreadful on waking . Not so much hot flushes/ sweats but heat.. I have been to my GP today who is happy for me to go back on HRT,, I'm frustrated as the heat is the only symptom of the menopause I have, any thoughts.Thanks

flutterby

Re: Very hot
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2017, 10:28:42 PM »

Hi Kenny I also came off HRT IN October and my hot flushes and night sweats started soon after. I have been taking sage for 8 days and I feel there is a definite improvement in the severity and frequency, although they weren't as bad as some ladies on here have them. I also splashed out on a wool duvet and mattress topper which also helped. Flutterbyx

cubagirl

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2017, 12:03:47 AM »

Oh heavens I've broken out in a flush over the wool duvet, sorry flutterby. I do understand your reasoning though. I'm currently on top of my 4.5 duvet trying to cool off before attempting sleep. Oh the joys. I'm on HRT too.

flutterby

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2017, 10:07:38 AM »

Sorry girls should have explained, I always thought of wool providing warmth but the duvet and topper can do both. They actually dissipate the heat I produce. I got the light duvet which gives between 3 and 6 tog. When I was lying on the other topper I could get up go to the loo and the bed was still glowing when I got back in   :hotflash: Flutterbyx

kenny

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2017, 09:11:21 PM »

Thanks Ladies, thanks for your replies, just a quick update, I decided to try a herbal treatment that I have been on before giving in to HRT, been on it for the last few nights,, the 'heat ' has calmed down ,going to continue on it this week just to see how my body reacts to it , 😄👍x