Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: NORETHINDRONE ( Lyza)  (Read 2371 times)

LChevele

• First Flush
NORETHINDRONE ( Lyza)
« on: March 03, 2017, 06:28:38 AM »

Hi everyone!  I live in the US and been having very bad year with mood swings, severe anxiety and hot flashes, night sweats and general periods of emotional ups and downs.  My GP will not prescribe me and hormone or Birthcontrol. I had a consult with a clinician at planned parenthood and she took my info and prescribed me " Lyza" or  NORETHINDRONE tablets to be taken 1x a day.
I take ativan and zoloft are the only meds I take. Im asking the community what experience have they had with this type of pill and what should I expect.Im worried about my mental status of taking it and causing worse symptoms. I am 47 and this has been going on for about 4 years now or so. In the last 9 months it has progressed and gotten worse over time. My periods are getting more closer together about every 15 days or so for the last 2 months. I feel very emotional and the hot flashes are pretty much a daily thing. My weight over the last year has decreased alot and Im only 5-2 !!  Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I have tried to ask my GP and others about what Im experiencing and feel lost. Why on some days I feel anxious and jittery and others fine emotional and others angry and fustrated. Its like my body isnt matching whats going on with what I want it to do... BTW my sex drive is GONE. Have none this has gotten more progressive in the last year.  And can some explain what the cycles of my hormones are doing in the month. Like first estrogen then progesterone then ..im lost of how they cycle works or isnt working right now.
Thanks .. didnt mean to write a novel here..

Taz2

Re: NORETHINDRONE ( Lyza)
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2017, 08:17:04 AM »

Hi LChevele - No time to post properly as I'm late or work... again... but wanted to welcome you.  You will find lots of support and information on here.

Taz x  :welcomemm:

Hurdity

Re: NORETHINDRONE ( Lyza)
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2017, 03:10:10 PM »

Hi LChevele

:welcomemm: from me too.

You will find lots of information about the peri-menopause and cycles here on this website:

https://menopausematters.co.uk/article-perils-of-the-perimenopause.php

Also just go to the top menu (pale green) and look at the different sections which should help you.

There is a technical paper here outlining the different stages of our reproductive life - and you will see that the late reproductive stage is classified medically as one in which cycles tend to get closer together but some hormones begin to change . At this point some women begin to experiencing worsening pms.
http://www.imsociety.org/downloads/email_downloads/2012_02_16_1773491/straw10.pdf

Some gynaecologists prescribe the combined contraceptive pill at this point as it controls the cycle and prevents heavy bleeding and these extreme hormone fluctuations as well as preventing hot flushes. In UK we have two that are similar to HRT - called QLAIRA  and ZOELY which are similar to HRT - and only have a few tablet free days - not sure what there is in US? Conventional HRT does not always help at this point although some women have found a low dose tablet HRT does help with symptoms.

A progestogen only pill will only help to prevent heavy bleeding and is unlikely to help with flushes etc.

Hope this helps :)

Hurdity x