Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: fibroids  (Read 1835 times)

jaz29

fibroids
« on: February 26, 2017, 06:11:55 PM »

Hi, new to sight, but reassured that so many people are having symptoms like me, anxiety to the point of drop of hat tears, pins needles, which have subsided, but my concern is my fibroids, had scan in December, they are quite big, but at the moment have an ache in my bottom area, it comes and goes, just an ache, have read this is s symptom, can any relate, to put my very jumbled mind at rest, thank you. :)

nearly50

Re: fibroids
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2017, 06:17:45 PM »

Hi jaz29, welcome to the forum

I can relate, I have multiple fibroids with the biggest being 6 x 5cm. I sometimes imagine them growing by the hour and have to have a word with myself! Pretty sure mine are the cause of my digestive issues, am just hoping they will shrink when I get through menopause.

jaz29

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2017, 06:38:42 PM »

Thank you, its such a strange feeling, like a dragging, back ache too, feeling sick, did you get medication, or put up with it.thank you again.xx

nearly50

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2017, 06:45:10 PM »

No, no medication, I was only offered a hysterectomy which seems a bit drastic.  Found out about them because I was sent for a scan for abdominal pain but I think could have been an after effect of having to take iron tablets. So hard to know what's caused by fibroids, and what's caused by hormonal imbalance. I have very heavy periods (though now getting them less often), stomach pain, trapped wind, bloating, pain in left hand side. Don't really have back ache or a dragging feeling, more a bloated feeling.

My sister did end up getting a hysterectomy for hers so I'm really hoping that they shrink once my periods finish up for good. Kind of wish I didn't know they were there to be honest.

What medication or treatment were you offered?

Peri-wrecked

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2017, 06:49:17 PM »

Hi, sorry to hear about your fibroids. The pain you describe is it a back ache or more in your coccyx bone thing? I ask because my sister has had a severe pain in her bum for over a month and I think she may be in Peri. I believe I am also but I just get a lot of back ache and anxiety is my worst symptom along with tingling in my hands and feet. How do you manage your anxiety?

jaz29

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2017, 06:55:38 PM »

Hi, its back ache,  but I do suffer with my back anyway, disc out years ago. Anxiety my Dr has given me ad ,but was trying not to go down that route, but may have to rethink as its getting worse. I am thinking of doing mindfulness on line course, as well as trying yoga, anything that makes me better than I feel.x

TallulahsMom

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2017, 07:51:39 PM »

Hi Jazz29 I had almost forgotten because I am so overwhelmed with bleeding that I get sometimes a literal pain through my bottom area. I've not got fibroids that I know of at the minute but my womb lining has been too thick to tell. I just cannot believe the things that can happen to our bodies because of hormones. I had anxiety issues a number of years ago, what I do now is feel it building and distract myself with something for 5 minutes and then reassess myself every 5 or 10 minutes until I calm down again, deep breathing really helps as well.

jaz29

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2017, 07:58:09 PM »

Hi, yes I think we have to talk to ourselves and put things into prospective, very hard when the anxiety really takes over, but its really useful to know we are all going through different things and helpful to know its not just me.x😃

jaz29

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2017, 09:40:18 PM »

Ah thank you very much, what a huge relief to know that someone else had the same. I have three, the biggest is pressing on bladder as I am on and off the loo, makes alot of sense, did you take anything for the feeling, 😊.xxxx

jaz29

« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2017, 09:50:12 PM »

Hi, s, thank you very much, its really appreciated, keep in touch with things, hopefully as you say they will settle down.xxx

jaz29

« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2017, 06:48:24 PM »

Hi s, surgery is the last thing I want to be honest, but if It gets unbearable I suppose I will have to do something about it. Its a real ache😞 hard to describe isn't it. It does come and go, just wondering if its anything to do with oestrogen level, I will start my course this week, hope that calms me down, some days are worse than others.xxxx thanks again