Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Change of HRT to gel  (Read 2098 times)

Dee46

Change of HRT to gel
« on: January 30, 2017, 04:05:06 PM »

Hi

I am going to be changing my hrt to the gel & progesterone tablets vaginally sorry cannot remember the names as have to collect from the chemist later, I am on day 5 of Femoston 2/10 the estrogen part at the moment & my period came yesterday on Day 4 of this part, I was told I can start using the gel as of tomorrow does this sound ok to start in this part of the cycle? Or should I wait until I finish the Femoston 2/10 in 3 weeks, just want to try & get this right, also going to be using 1 pump for a week then up to 2 pumps after 2 weeks to see how I go.

Any advice on when to start this would be helpful as anxiety is the biggest issue at the moment

Salad

Re: Change of HRT to gel
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2017, 12:31:45 AM »

Not much help to offer I'm afraid as I'm Oestrogen only  :)
- hopefully someone else will come along and be more able to help you, although I'd say go with what you were told.

Milamam

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2017, 04:53:44 AM »

Hi Dee,
I am sorry to hear that Femoston did not work for you (I know we communicated about that before) but it is great that you are changing to a different product. I really hope it will work fast and better this time.
If I were you, i would start the gel on day 1 of my period - so it is okay to switch now rather than wait 20 or so days.

Did you GP tell you when you should take the progesterone and for how many days per month?

Best wishes from me and good luck with the change! Please post here for updates on how you are doing!

Milamam x

Dee46

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2017, 07:43:03 PM »

Hi

I was taking Femoston & was on Day 5 of the oestrogen part & was advised I could start the estrodose the next day as I was still on the oestrgen part & had just got my period on day 4 of this part (sorry long mouthful), so basically I have been taking estrodose for 24 days going from 1 pump up to 2 pumps this week, I started the utrogestan 200mg on the same day as I normally would have taken the femoston, on day 9 of the progesterone part I got some brown discharge which continued for almost a week on & off, I finished the progesterone on Wed night this week & got a bleed yesterday which has become worse today, is this normal for the first month to have the brown discharge & then the bleed straight away? Also feeling very anxious & thick/dizzy headed.

Milamam I went to see a private consultant in the end as fed up with being fobbed of as a mad woman at the GP surgery, the consultant did say that the doctors took my blood at the wrong time of the month last year so no wonder my results looked normal, she also said that some GP's are not confident enough in prescribing HRT! Early days still I think for me!