Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: New here and new to hrt!  (Read 1261 times)

Kay1971

New here and new to hrt!
« on: November 27, 2019, 07:57:51 AM »

Hi, thanks for approving my request to join!  I've been reading for a while, and finally decided to make an account, as I see that so so many of us are going through this, so it has to be better to go through it together and help each other out :)  I'm 48 and have thought myself peri-menopausal for the last 12 months.  Things were getting steadily worse and I've been feeling horrendous lately, not sleeping, hot flushes, anxiety of all kinds, social, general, health.  After having bloods done it was confirmed, and I've just started on Femoston 1/10.  I've been taking it for 2 weeks now and have started on the combined part of the medication, to be honest I don't understand it completely, but there are two different coloured tablets in the pack and I think one is oestrogen and the other combined with progesterone?  Anyway, not feeling much difference so far, apart from horrendous bloating :(  The hot flushes have lessened slightly, but its the disturbed sleep which I'm struggling with as I have to work, and am constantly exhausted.  Oh the joys!

Anyway, this could get long, so I'll just say for now that I'm happy to be here to give and receive support, and feel less alone in this!

:) :) :) :) :)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: New here and new to hrt!
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2019, 10:16:44 AM »

Then you disappeared  ::)

BasilandAda

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2019, 02:15:18 PM »

Hi there,

I'm also new to HRT! Sorry for gatecrashing your post but I cannot fathom how to create a new post. Must be the brain fog!

I've just turned 40 but believe I've been perimenopausal for about 3 years.  After banging my head against a brick wall with my GPs (apparently "it's a woman's curse and there's always menopause to look forward to" and "why doing you pop down to Holland and Barrett, sometimes they know what they're talking about...") I decided to go privately.
Despite my bloods being normal the Dr was convinced I'm having premature ovarian failure since I'm ticking most of the perimenopausal symtoms, especially the psychological ones.
She prescribed 2 pumps of oestrogen gel, vagifem pessaries and 200mg utrogestan daily for 2 weeks out of every 4.
After 5 days of starting the treatment I felt amazing. Literally buzzing, full of energy, enjoying life, even contemplating sex!! I'm now on day 10 of taking utrogestan and feeling less great. For the last 4 days I've been bloated, nauseous and tired.  Is this normal??
Thanks in advance xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2019, 02:22:11 PM »

Yep.  Normal.  Some don't get on with the 2nd part, progesterone hormone, well.  These symptoms should pass and it often takes 3-4 months to settle.

Do read the Daisy web-site too, designed to support girls with premature menopause.  Make notes.

Let us know how you get on!

BasilandAda

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2019, 02:37:53 PM »

Thank you CLKD

I'll certainly check out the Daisy site x

Kay1971

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2019, 12:57:46 PM »

Sorry, had a bit of a melt down yesterday after my post!  I'm still here.  Thanks for the replies everyone :)

Sad Sally

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2019, 02:12:54 PM »

Hi Kay

I am like you sleep deprivation and having to work is really killing me, I am on Femoston combi (day 18)  was starting to feel better but lack of sleep last night has brought back the tears and anxieties  :( 
I know I have to give it time (easier said than done !)  I took  Boots Sleepeaze tablet early this morning to make me sleep.  Feel awful today so wont be taking that again. 

We will make it through this awful chapter of our lives, talking helps greatly and all the lovely help and support this site has to offer
« Last Edit: November 28, 2019, 03:03:05 PM by Sad Sally »

DellMac

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2019, 06:51:54 PM »

Avena Sativa drops are great for sleep too. Plus take the edge off anxiety if struggling.