Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Can you delay a bleed whilst on hrt?  (Read 17452 times)

Glass.half.full

Can you delay a bleed whilst on hrt?
« on: February 23, 2017, 03:00:59 PM »

Hi ladies,

Quickly question for you.  Is it possible to delay a period whilst on sequential hrt patches?  I have FemSeven Sequi patches and with a hol coming up I would like to delay my bleed because it can, at times, be quite heavy.

Thanks for your help  ;D
« Last Edit: February 23, 2017, 03:04:36 PM by Glass.half.full »

Dana

Re: Can you delay a bleed whilst on hrt?
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2017, 09:12:21 PM »

That shouldn't be a problem if it's just a month's delay. A lot of post-meno ladies who are using a cyclical routine will have two monthly cycles to avoid having more regular bleeds.

Greyhoundgal

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2017, 04:34:22 PM »

I'm not sure about patches but I certainly did it when I was taking Femoston tablets.  I just missed one section of the pack on the month I wanted to miss (holiday) and it worked out just fine.  I'm sure someone will be along who is or has been on patches to let you know the best way to proceed.

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2017, 05:04:13 PM »

Well it depends where you are in menopause how effective it will be to stay with one part of the HRT or the other for longer than usual.

If you are post-menopausal or nearly so,  then as Dana says you can just go with a longer cycle that month and just stay on the oestrogen only part for a little longer. Alternatively depending on when you normally bleed ( ie during the latter part of the progestogen phase or after stopping this and back on the oestrogen only) - you could keep on with the progestogen/combi patches.

If you are still peri-menopausal and your own cycle is pretty regular then you could have breakthrough bleeding with either regime. If this were the case personally I would want to stick with the progestogen combi part of the HRT which should at least limit the bleeding somewhat. If your periods are usually heavy then this is more tricky!

I am not sure you can absolutely guarantee not to bleed at the wrong time without asking your doc for medication for this purpose, but maybe to try to stop your bleed happening at the wrong time if peri, I think, is to go onto the contraceptive pill (and take packs back to back) - or maybe the POP? Sorry I am not familiar with all these options.

Hurdity x

ammie25

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2017, 07:48:41 PM »

Greyhoundgal...I am on femeston can I delay a bleed by not taking the bottom half of my tabs and starting a new sleeve?

Greyhoundgal

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2017, 12:08:09 PM »

Greyhoundgal...I am on femeston can I delay a bleed by not taking the bottom half of my tabs and starting a new sleeve?
Hi Ammie,
Yes, that's what I did - I always got my bleed towards the end of the progesterone part of the pack so the month I wanted to skip it I just missed that bit out and went straight on to a new pack.

ammie25

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2017, 07:54:22 PM »

Thanks Greyhoundgal....will make my hol even more enjoyable!!

Greyhoundgal

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2017, 12:17:14 PM »

Thanks Greyhoundgal....will make my hol even more enjoyable!!

:sunny:

Deb xx

• First Flush
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2022, 03:20:24 PM »

I'mcurrently am on Evoril sequil and the mini pill  and still hasnt stopped my periods thought the POP would have. I asked if I could take the delay tablets as I was going to have a period whilst on holiday My gp said I couldnt have it as I would be having too much progesten so now what do I do ? My periods are horrific so heavy pain unbearable. Plus Im aneamic which doesnt help either

any advice please ladies

Flossieteacake

« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2022, 05:51:41 PM »

I'mcurrently am on Evoril sequil and the mini pill  and still hasnt stopped my periods thought the POP would have. I asked if I could take the delay tablets as I was going to have a period whilst on holiday My gp said I couldnt have it as I would be having too much progesten so now what do I do ? My periods are horrific so heavy pain unbearable. Plus Im aneamic which doesnt help either

any advice please ladies

Hello Deb and welcome to the forum. You have replied on an old post which is easy to do when we are new. You will get more replies if you start a new thread.