Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Dose variation in new packs? Oestrogel or Uterogestan  (Read 1649 times)

Kikie

Dose variation in new packs? Oestrogel or Uterogestan
« on: February 23, 2017, 08:48:11 AM »

I'm suspecting that either the new bottle of gel or the new pack of uterogestan may not be consistent with the previous ones. When I started with the oestrogel, 1 pump each arm, I had fluid retention.  I found out that could be too much oestrogen so cut back to one pump. Sorted. Then, after a month or so, as I didn't seem to be getting any benefit other than fixing vaginal atrophy, I put it back up. This was several weeks ago. During that time I've had no return of the fluid retention (no other benefits either as far as I can see). But - I started a new bottle of the gel and a new pack of uterogestan a few days ago and now have slight fluid retention again.  Is it possible that strengths could vary? Could there be a problem with the formulation?

Separately - I know the hrt has helped hugely with the VA (tried everything else before) and I believe it helps with bone density but seriously, I'm not seeing anything else. Its been 5 months now.

Dancinggirl

Re: Dose variation in new packs? Oestrogel or Uterogestan
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2017, 11:14:59 AM »

I used to find that towards the end of a canister of Oestrogel, I started to feel I wasn't getting the same dose of oestrogen - so when I started a new canister I got more of a hit of oestrogen!!! This might explain this change in bloating???  I used to have 2 canisters on the go - so once I got about half way through one canister, I started another - so when dosing 2 pumps per day, I used one pump from each canister - this gave consistency.
Also if you are peri meno or early post meno, then your own hormones will be giving fluctuations.
As we do retain and store some oestrogen when on HRT, there shouldn't really be big fluctuations - this can vary from women to women though.
If this HRT regime is helping VA that's great - what other symptoms are you hoping to reduce? Hopefully flushes and nights sweats are better.  Low mood and anxiety often need other strategies alongside HRT to really help.
DG x

Cassie

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2017, 11:37:47 AM »

I doubt that. The manufacturers are extremely careful about dosages etc, perhaps just coincedence as I have never felt any fluctuation in symptoms I just get bloated generally when on the utrogestan but the gel is great.

Rhiner

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2017, 04:13:46 PM »

There will be very limited batch to batch variability, as its a medicine its under strict legislation and will have an assay specification of 95 to 100% on manufacture, with slightly wider limits throughout its shelf life.

Rhiner