Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Flu virus coming back again  (Read 6098 times)

lindyloo

Flu virus coming back again
« on: February 08, 2017, 05:02:05 PM »

Hello girls
Haven't  posted for such long while....but bin keeping up with you all
Am so down...have had horrible virus thing THREE times now..have had my flu jab !!!
Is it just me ladies  ? Am I a freak of nature ?...or has anyone else had returning bugs ?

Love Lindyloo

Menomale

Re: Flu virus coming back again
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2017, 05:10:30 PM »

Hi lindyloo,

I'm sorry for you, 3 times! Assuming you are in the UK... I'm in Brazil and got H1N1... 6th day now, feel horrible, taking paracetamol every 8 hs, if I forget to take it all symptoms come back.  Maybe your immune system is depressed? I know exactly how I got the flu: went to hospital for scans and had to wait for 4 hours under icy air conditioner!
Hope the flu jab does its job for you!

XXX

countrybumpkin

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2017, 07:31:15 PM »

There seems to be two bugs going round UK, one is adenovirus that I had back in November and it was like having whooping cough with no voice and a temperature and lasted 2 full weeks at worst and took many weeks to go away and I know some people find it appears to keep coming back but in reality its just it not going away  completely.
There is also a flu bug or short lived proper flu going round that seems to put people in bed with proper flu symptoms for about 3 days but then they are okay again in a week.
As neither of these is medically proper flu they are not in the flu jab this year!!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2017, 10:54:59 PM »

There are a lot of viruses doing the rounds.  The advice has been locally: drink plenty, rest - that is NO school and NO work place : gentle exercise.  Sunshine when ever possible: and rest! Dilute fruit juice, water, Paracetamol as required.

Some viruses have been causing spiked temperatures in the early evenings.  Others have a hacking cough with them.  Others are runny noses, sinus pain, general lack of energy ........ one doesn't get a virus 'back', it's the next one that has attacked the immune system which is already low.

I had a hacking non-productive cough most of May - I turned myself inside out at times  >:(.  After the 1st 3 days I didn't feel ill but had something that got a grip  >:( :(.

The advice also has been: should the cough produce coloured phlegm for more than 3 days running, ring the GP for advice.  If the chest remains clear then no ABs will be given. 

lindyloo

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2017, 11:04:12 PM »

Thankyou girls...been to docs ( or rather practise nurse) who said "you've  got high temperatures..but chest sounds clear"!
I had told her been coughing up green !
Apparently antibiotics  won't  do any good😧
Love Lindyloo x

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2017, 11:20:36 PM »

Nope.  ABs are given to combat 2ndary problems.  The initial germ usually goes with rest etc.; I think it's said: 3 days to catch it, 3 days to suffer it, 3 days to give it away  ::)

Good excuse to be waiting on ?  ;)

Lanie66

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2017, 10:13:22 AM »

Hi, hope you're feeling better since you posted.  I swear by high dose vitamin C, I suppose more as a preventative measure when you're well, but it can't hurt to try when you're suffering.  I just get it in tesco, 1000mg. I haven't had a cold or such in 3 years.  I'm paranoid as every cold or flu like thing goes into my sinuses and that's worse for me, makes me quite ill.  Our office is terrible for bugs, I also wash my hands a lot and keep them away from my face. Hope this helps x

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2017, 01:27:34 PM »

Sinus pain is the pits  :-\

lindyloo

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2017, 08:43:26 AM »

Thankyou girls
Feeling better ta, had to go back docs, this time given antibiotics !
Still got cough but not green !!!!
Think I will take vitl C and vitamin D....and hope it doesn't  come back again lol
Love Lindyloo xxx

Menomale

« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2017, 01:42:45 PM »

That's great lindyloo!

I'm still struggling with the flu, now it's the terrible cough and stretchy mucus that won't go away, it's yellow but no AB's prescribed. Hot flushes, sweats, cough and headache night and day, can't sleep at night, only a bit in the early morning. Flu jabs only start in April here  ::)

CLKD

« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2017, 03:26:23 PM »

lindyloo - what is the GP treating you for?

lindyloo

« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2017, 09:45:01 AM »

Chest infection  caused by virus !
Taking vitl c and D
Xxxx

CLKD

« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2017, 04:32:17 PM »

Any improvement?  I trust that he sounded your chest back and front and took your BP and temperature.