Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Estradot patches and Provera  (Read 2433 times)

LAL34

Estradot patches and Provera
« on: February 21, 2017, 11:45:40 AM »

Hi
I am 47 and have been in peri for about 4/5 years, I am still having periods but went on HRT (Elleste Duet) a couple of years ago to alleviate the aching joints, and low mood symptoms. In the last 6 months however the low mood was constant as was the extremely sore breasts and very low libido so my doctor has changed me to Estradot patches which I started 2 weeks ago, I have felt so much happier these last 2 weeks a real difference in my mood and no sore breasts, and may I say a return of my libido.

Last Saturday I began the 14 days of Provera 5mg a day and I still feel very positive and happy but also incredibly tired, bloated and very achy in my joints all over with a constant headache. I realise it is early days and I need to keep going and to be honest just feeling in a positive mood is so uplifting that I don't want to complain, but I was wondering if anyone else had experienced these symptoms with the Provera.
Thanks
(My username should read asleepatherdesk!!)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Estradot patches and Provera
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2017, 08:00:25 PM »

Maybe use the 'search' button for the product to see if other threads appear? 

Dana

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2017, 09:12:04 PM »

I follow the same routine as you except I do 12 days of provera. I also use 50mcg estradot patch.

I don't have any real problems with it except that I can bloat a bit. Nothing that's too bad though.

Maybe you could try a two monthly routine so those side effect are less frequent.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2017, 09:13:55 PM by Dana »

LAL34

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2017, 11:05:02 AM »

Thanks Dana
I will talk to the docs about that option, I had been feeling so good on just the patches that I didn't want to take the Provera!! But realise I need the balance. I am going back after a month to review it so if the aches and pains are the same I will discuss reducing the days.
Thanks for the reply.