Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Another tedious question about the side effect of the mirena!  (Read 2155 times)

Noheroicsplease

Another tedious question about the side effect of the mirena!
« on: February 22, 2017, 01:47:04 PM »

I'm sorry. I'm aware that there's already a lot posted on here about the coil.

I've had the coil in for about 6-7 weeks. Could it be responsible for lower back pain and slightly burny hips? I was bleeding for a few weeks but that's now stopped. The back pain hasn't gone though.

Thanks

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Another tedious question about the side effect of the mirena!
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2017, 10:13:43 PM »

Do use the search button for 'mirena coil' to see which threads pop up.  As oestrogen levels drop so muscles may become lax = aches and pains ..... bugga  >:(-    Is it painful enough to take over-the-counter tablets?

peri

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2017, 07:59:26 AM »

Hi Noheroicsplease sorry to hear you're suffering with back and hip pain, I can't help you really except to say (as you know I had my mirena same time as you) this hasn't been my experience.  Hope you manage to solve it x

Maryjane

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2017, 08:18:00 AM »

I would consider asking for a scan to check it hasn't moved , as I no of ladies that this has happened to.

Dancinggirl

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2017, 11:19:23 AM »

WE are all different and respond differently to any HRT regime.  The Mirena takes between 3-6 months to settle and cramps, lower back pain, spotting, a bit of fatigue etc. are all part of this settling.
It's still early days Noherioicsplease - I would give things at least 2-4 weeks and, as Maryjane has suggested, pop back to ask to have things checked. If the pain or bleeding increases then have things checked sooner.
DG x

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2017, 12:34:13 PM »

Also - no question is tedious, silly, taboo  ;) - if we don't ask we don't get! 

Noheroicsplease

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2017, 09:36:23 PM »

Thanks all! I feel so idiotic asking these questions but I can't find the answer anywhere.

I did a search before posting, and I trawled through a fair few posts and nothing came up re: back pain.

X

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2017, 10:25:28 PM »

Ask away. Someone will be along .......... as oestrogen levels drop various aches and pains may develop  >:(  ::) ........

I have to take care when loading the dishwasher as it can cause sciatica if I don't kneel!  Maybe think about your daily repetitive actions to see whether you are able to adjust your stance?  Also, what shoes do you wear  ;) - I could cure most back pain by shouting "Change your footwear"  ;D ..........

Dancinggirl

« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2017, 10:26:24 AM »

CKLD - very good thoughts - changing how we do things physically can make a big difference - lots of walking is good to relieve aching joints, back pain etc. DG x

Noheroicsplease

« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2017, 11:37:46 AM »

Yes, I think I need to do more stretching.

I wear trainers, comfortable, solid, with bespoke insoles. I don't own any proper shoes! Shock. Horror.