Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Please give me some hope re estrogel still having time to work yet  (Read 4558 times)

Katie54321

Ok so I know I am impatient but been 10 days on Estrogel now and desperate for it to work on my mood. I suffer with brain fog and depression. Doesn't help that the consultant I saw told me it can work within a week so I suppose he put that time frame in my mind and now 10 days in I am doubting it will work.

Is there still plenty of time for it to work yet? I do know the answer myself. Just looking for some reassurance and hope, feeling pretty low today

Lanzalover

Re: Please give me some hope re estrogel still having time to work yet
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2017, 03:24:49 PM »

Estero gel can work quickly on flushes and sweats not to sure about a week though !!!

For brain fog and low mood it takes longer can take a couple of months so plenty of time yet for it to work on those issues and you never know it could be sooner but from my own experience it took a good few months.

Love Lanzalover x

Dancinggirl

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2017, 04:31:29 PM »

Katie54321  - 10 days is really not long enough fro the Oestrogel to reduce everything.  If your flushes and night sweats are reduced then this is great.  I'm afraid it can take some time for low mood to lift and you may need a range of measures to help with this - sometimes an AD/SRRI alongside can be necessary but to try some Mindful meditation, brisk walks, a good diet and possibly some Vitamin D, Magnesium and Omega 3 supplements. DG x

Katie54321

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2017, 10:09:41 PM »

Thankyou all for the reassurance. Feeling slightly better now, had very low mood earlier today.

I just read a very interesting article from the telegraph online 'hrt instead of antidepressants' I'm sure many of you will have seen it as its not new. It mentions Denise Welch and another lady whose depression was lifted only after about 8 weeks in, so there's plenty of hope for me yet.

I'm already taking an AD, so hoping this will work alongside it.

Wanderlust

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2017, 12:38:27 AM »

Ok so I know I am impatient but been 10 days on Estrogel now and desperate for it to work on my mood. I suffer with brain fog and depression. Doesn't help that the consultant I saw told me it can work within a week so I suppose he put that time frame in my mind and now 10 days in I am doubting it will work.

Is there still plenty of time for it to work yet? I do know the answer myself. Just looking for some reassurance and hope, feeling pretty low today

Hi Katie,

I'm still new to HRT, 5 months in, and I tend to suffer from low mood. Have you tried taking vitamin B6 and B12. :) I seemed to be in a good mood most of the time, unless I get hit hard with PMS, which isn't so often now!

Katie54321

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2017, 09:23:47 AM »

Yeah I take B bits and also high dose vit D now, since I was found to be deficient when I had all my blood work done. That's good to hear you are mostly feeling better now apart from a bit of PMT.?

Wanderlust

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2017, 09:55:11 PM »

The PMT fluctuates it has its bad moments, but I know it will pass! It's the water retention and super enlarged breasts that's really bothering me! You'd think I'd gone and paid big money for them!

How are you getting on? :)

Katie54321

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2017, 05:48:18 PM »

I'm really struggling at the mo, around 14 days now since starting HRT. Mood is very low. Brain fog and slowed down physically. Any hope and reassurance would be greatly appriciated

Tempest

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2017, 05:56:10 PM »

Very, very early days yet Katie! I can totally sympathise with you though. Sending hugs your way. xxxx

Wanderlust

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2017, 09:19:00 PM »

I'm really struggling at the mo, around 14 days now since starting HRT. Mood is very low. Brain fog and slowed down physically. Any hope and reassurance would be greatly appriciated

It took me at least a month before the tiredness and fogginess started to subside. Now, I only get that during my PMS days but nowhere near as bad from when I first started taking HRT :) I'm on a continuous regime, 2 pumps of Oestrogel and 100mg Utrogetsan daily :)

soniad

« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2017, 08:38:33 PM »

Hi Katie,

I'm not taking Estrogel (I take estradot patches) but at first it made my symptoms worse. It took 12 days to settle back down and then it slowly got better.

Now 7 months later all is good.

Hang in there!