Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: HRT, Estrogel - how long to work on mood?  (Read 8229 times)

Katie54321

HRT, Estrogel - how long to work on mood?
« on: February 13, 2017, 09:22:23 PM »

So i started on Professor Studds regime of 3 pumps of Estrogel, one eighth of a tube of Testosterone and 7 days a month of Utrogestan. I have 'depression' but would call it more like severe brain fog that comes and goes through the month. It is really debilitating. Lots of other issues as well, scant, light periods that are very irregular and becoming more so. Always had pmt and pmt headaches. Very forgetful. I am only 39. I saw one of his colleagues, mr neale Watson who was lovely and said he would 'gobsmacked' if it didn't help me.

My question is how long do you think it will take to work on mood? I see lots of people saying HRT has worked within a week on flashes etc but longer to work on mood? Mr Watson said I could see an improvement in a week but am 8 days in and nothing so far.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2017, 09:35:27 PM by Katie54321 »

Taz2

Re: HRT, Estrogel - how long to work on mood?
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2017, 12:19:44 AM »

Hi Katie54321 - I haven't been on your regime but you are right that usually the first thing that improves are hot flushes and sweats and mood takes longer. Eight days is still really early on so don't despair. The normal advice is to give HRT at least three  months before you decide whether it is the right one for you or not.

You will find lots of help and support on here.

Taz x  :welcomemm:

Katie54321

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2017, 06:50:01 AM »

Thanks. Is it unusual that I've had felt no effect at all from the Estrogel, no breath tenderness, nothing at all. It almost feels like I'm not taking anything?

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2017, 10:32:36 AM »

Thanks. Is it unusual that I've had felt no effect at all from the Estrogel, no breath tenderness, nothing at all. It almost feels like I'm not taking anything?

I've never had any breast changes when on HRT but, then again, I was much older than you (53) when I started using it. Maybe a younger member will be along soon to answer your query or you could post it as a separate thread?

Taz x

Hurdity

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2017, 06:30:35 PM »

Hi Katie54321

I answered on your other thread in the new members area.

Also using gel - oestrogen levels are more dependent on how a woman applies it than with other methods of HRT - because you have to squeeze (or pump) it out and then spread on an area of the body and leave it to dry. There are lots of gel users on here - perhaps you could apply it differently or on a different part of the body for better results? Also there is a different type of gel which is more concentrated (Sandrena) and comes in sachets (tubes?) so you apply less for the same amount of oestrogen. Carry on with this for a while as prescribed and then maybe think about the other type if this isn't working for you?

Oops Taz - I am not one of the young ones either! Over 60's out in force  ::)

Hurdity x