Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: spotting  (Read 3428 times)

Pat2121

spotting
« on: February 13, 2017, 06:16:15 PM »

Hi, I have been on Evorel Conti for some years (I'm 66). I have been cutting my patch in half and been very happy with the way this dose has controlled my night sweats. A few months ago I noticed the sweats started to return and so I upped my doseage on the patch by a slither (I measured it properly) and under guidance from my GP. However I am spotting a lot. Is this normal when making such an increase?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: spotting
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2017, 07:25:02 PM »

:welcomemm:

If you put Evorel Conti into the search button threads appropriate to medication should show.  I am sure that someone will be along with more information.

Browse round!

Pat2121

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2017, 07:54:59 PM »

Thank you!!  :)

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2017, 08:28:57 PM »

Let us know if you can't find the threads and do keep asking! 

Pat2121

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2017, 08:33:38 PM »

Thank you so much. I hope I can also talk to someone on here in the know :)

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2017, 09:00:00 PM »

I'm sure that someone will be along if not, using the 'members' button, put in 'hardity' and follow her threads .  I had a look-see for the product you have been prescribed and there's loads of references  ::)

Pat2121

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2017, 09:07:04 PM »

Many thanks for your help  :)

Taz2

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2017, 12:23:09 AM »

Hi Pat2121 - Sorry to hear that you have this problem but I think you should get this checked out with your GP just to rule out anything else which could be causing the spotting. It is probably tied up with changing the dosage but any bleeding which is unusual for you should be mentioned to the doc.

Let us know how you get on won't you?

Taz x  :welcomemm:

Pat2121

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2017, 12:34:31 AM »

Many thanks, I can't get a GP appointment for another 4 weeks with my GP. It's the way it is now. I'm just hoping someone here will be able to give me a little peace of mind for now.

Hurdity

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2017, 06:25:05 PM »

Hi Pat2121

:welcomemm: from me too.

I agree with Taz - that it is most likely to do with changing your dosage but best to get it checked out. Did you say to the docs why you wanted an appointment? You should say to the receptionist that you need to see a doctor earlier - as it is not a routine matter.

Some women also find that the continuous progestogen in Evorel conti does not always eliminate night sweats - for the dose of oestrogen in the patch if you see what I mean.

Hurdity x