Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Clearing out!  (Read 30650 times)

Taz2

Re: Clearing out!
« Reply #75 on: February 03, 2015, 05:01:40 PM »

Is it this one https://www.list.co.uk/place/44360-loch-lomond-antiques-and-art-centre/?  Does Yellow Pages still exist?  :o

Taz x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #76 on: February 03, 2015, 05:01:56 PM »

:thank you:  I will look to see if this programme is 'old'.  They would, if still in business, be listed in Yellow Pages  :) …… under antiques - Taz [nice to see you on board ;-) ] YPages is on line.  We drove round a bit last year but didn't find them …...

honeybun

« Reply #77 on: February 03, 2015, 05:06:44 PM »

Yep I have been there....they are next to Jenners. Unless you got out and walked because it's in a loch side development......no cars allowed. It's so pretty there.

Honeyb
X

honeybun

« Reply #78 on: February 03, 2015, 05:07:45 PM »

Mind you that was a few years ago.

Honeyb
X

CLKD

« Reply #79 on: February 03, 2015, 05:19:20 PM »

2012 ……… programme  ::)

CLKD

« Reply #80 on: March 11, 2015, 04:28:33 PM »

In our cupboards we have machinery un-used:

not a lot  :whist:    ………   but my friend has an ice-cream maker, a dough maker, a bread machine, an ice maker ………… plus several exercise machines

We have 2 cycles in the shed; a skipping rope, walking boots …..

CLKD

« Reply #81 on: April 04, 2015, 03:46:33 PM »

:bounce:

CLKD

« Reply #82 on: March 16, 2017, 04:41:05 PM »

Does anyone watch Sarah in the afternoon, she visits a Council tip and stops people dumping stuff which she takes away and gets recycled.  Today there was a doll's house with furniture - Sarah has sold it on-line ........ but it should have gone to the Charity Shop, not a Council tip  :bang: :bang: :bang: - people are so WASTEFUL and too lazy to take stuff to charity or Freecycle it  :'(

cubagirl

« Reply #83 on: March 16, 2017, 06:13:11 PM »

Think some probably think that nobody will have use for the items.  I have tried recycling big items like furniture to charity shops, but most are very fussy.  One item of furniture was wooden living room unit, nobody wanted it, not even local authority place who give to those with very little. Ended up paying local authority to pick up.  They crushed it!

CLKD

« Reply #84 on: March 16, 2017, 06:34:35 PM »

British Heart Foundation and our local Air Ambulance aren't fussy  ;)

I see it as lazy.  Very few people fly tip ........ that dolls' house 2-day should have gone to Charity but at least it now has a home :-).  At the very least offer it up on a free-pick it up for nowt site.  Some of the things that are 'rescued' are almost brand new!

CLKD

« Reply #85 on: March 16, 2017, 08:16:25 PM »

I have never heard of anyone having problems via 'freecycle' ..... also, we have 'vans going round and sometimes the strangest things are taken  ::).  Freecycle is a registered world wide orangsation so everyone is trackable ..... 'donttipthatnow' is the other one where things are given for nowt, buyer collects and because people are in contact, security isn't compromised.  I have met people in car parks to hand over a rug making kit  ::).   I have put stuff on the side of the road 'free to good home' and it's not taken: put a sticker on 'for a tenner' and it's gone in minutes LOL!

Local Council is very tight on fly tippers .  Our Council is very good with kerb side collections too. 

Off to yet more fairs Friday., Sat., Sunday but the idea of 2 pieces out and 1 in ain't working  ;D

flutterby

« Reply #86 on: March 16, 2017, 09:21:54 PM »

CLKD can't believe you made a rug making kit sound dodgy  ;D ;D

cubagirl

« Reply #87 on: March 17, 2017, 07:26:44 AM »

Afraid it was the British Heart Foundation CLKD. Only place we could find who take furniture here.  Sofa was examined, one look at our unit was met with a resounding "No, Nobody wants them!" It was in excellent condition too, not cheap either.  Broke my heart to hear it being crushed! 

Elizabethrose

« Reply #88 on: March 17, 2017, 07:33:55 AM »

Just found this thread, that would have broken my heart too cubagirl, I can't bear waste! What about ebay, has anyone used that? We've got rid of the most ridiculous things on that and then just handed the money over to whatever charity we want. If you put it on at a low price anything seems to go. We even sold our old maple worktops on ebay to a carpenter who used them to make shelves in his kitchen. £50 to Save the Children!

CLKD

« Reply #89 on: March 18, 2017, 03:48:30 PM »

Haven't time for e-bay or taking stuff to auction  ::) and haven't had anything to offer up on Freegle lately. 

We were going to give BHFoundation a lot of clothes and furniture.  A white van arrived - I'm not convinced to this day that it was from the Charity - told us that the clothing had to be put into black bags and it certainly wasn't large enough to put the furniture in!  Recently bereaved I was too tired to be bothered so sent the van driver on his way, empty.  I think it must have been someone who was involved with collecting on behalf of that Charity who thought they were onto a fast buck.  We took the clothing on hangers to the BHF shop in the town who were delighted as it was all freshly pressed.  The furniture went to a couple who up-dated furniture then gave it to people on social .......

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]