Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: First Post ...  (Read 4035 times)

Tass1960

Re: First Post ...
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2016, 08:00:30 PM »

Thank you - yes I definitely will ask about  the vaginal oestrogen.    I don't really understand why my GP hasn't thought of this ... it's all such a minefield. ;)

Had another good day at work so things are looking up.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2016, 08:31:26 PM »

:thankyou:  4 the update!

valb

« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2017, 09:37:25 AM »

Hi everyone. I've just joined MM and call me stupid but I thought I was going mad and NO libido was just my problem. My GP surgery is completely useless and when I've been open and frank with my GP all he said was I oughthinking to go to Relate!  ;D. So I'm asking your advise.it's obvious I have to go to GP with a list of demands what I need. So what do I ask for? I've had no libido for at least 5 years, husband very understanding,  can't even make myself! On and off HRT elleste duet  and Climates before it was discontinued for several years. Also I takeep a mild AD to help with mood swings. Only ever been on 1mg HRT. Nothing stronger has been prescribed. Advise much needed to save my 30 year marriage!! Xxxx

ancient runner

« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2017, 09:48:00 AM »

Hi Valb
I've got no knowledge of this but you might pick up more answers if you start a new topic on it - there are quite a few women on here who've used testosterone for libido I believe but they might not spot your question in the middle of this thread.
If you do that, bung it in the section called Private Lives or you may not get many answers (it's only visible to forum members, not to any Tom Dick or Harry).
Sorry to hear about your problems, but I think you've come to the right place to get some thoughtful advice.

MsKittin

« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2017, 06:25:06 PM »

Hi Tas and welcome!
I am pretty new here myself, responding as I have similar symptoms to you and am around your age - overwhelming anxiety etc - and have been doing well on Femoston (now on 2/10, I still felt pretty anxious on 1/10 although much better). Also seems to help with dryness, libido, etc - this has been slower to improve though, a few months. Like you I'd be too scared to take Prempak - as far as I know it's an old-style, equine oestrogen (implicated in health risks although I realise some women do fine on it). Femoston though is as good as bioidentical - the oestrogen in it is estradiol so bioidentical, and the progesterone, dydrogesterone, is as good as biodentical. I've done a lot of research and seems Femoston is as safe as bioidentical patches/gel - it shows no increase of risk in bc, heart attack, stroke, etc (at least over 7 years). That said, there's not much research that's been done. Also, though it's sequential not continuous, doesn't seem to bother some of the post-meno (I'm still peri) ladies on here who take it. So anyway, you might want to consider it? Good luck!
Pages: 1 [2]