Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Meno Book Info On Trembling.  (Read 2354 times)

Kathleen

Meno Book Info On Trembling.
« on: February 12, 2017, 12:46:16 PM »

Hello ladies.

Trembling, internal shaking, the jitters etc has been my worst meno symptom by far. I was reassured that it was hormonal when I consulted my trusty meno book so I thought I'd quote some passages here so other ladies can benefit.

"Feelings such as tension, anxiety, depression, listlessness, irritability, tearfulness and mood swings can occur at any age but they rarely occur together or as frequently as they do during the menopause. If you are experiencing several negative feelings simultaneously it may be helpful to know that the menopause is the reason".

" For many women, menopausal mood changes resemble a roller coaster ride. Women describe subtle sensations such as trembling, fluttering, unease and discomfort. More severe feelings of anxiety or panic can arise with  little provocation. Tasks that you used to be able to tackle can leave you in total disarray. "

" The centres in the brain that control a sense of well-being, a positive state of mind and a feeling of control and tranquility are affected by the absence of oestrogen".

The book is called Menopause, was written by Dr Miriam Stoppard and was first published in 1994 by Dorling Kindersley. I bought my copy from a charity shop ten years ago. Given the age of the book it surprises me that even today the medics we encounter are ignorant of the above symptoms and look at us in disbelief when we describe them. Incidentally my jitters became much less severe when I started using HRT and there are times when they appear and disappear for no logical reason plus they are often accompanied by a flush or similar surge.

For treatment the book recommends HRT but also says ADs and complementay therapies may be helpful.

I hope you have found this post of interest ladies and can feel comforted that the jitters are not as rare as some people think.

Take care.

K.

dazned

Re: Meno Book Info On Trembling.
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2017, 01:02:39 PM »

Thanks for that Kathleen  :thankyou:

As you say 1994 and some GPS still look at us as if we've got two heads  >:(

beaniegirl

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2017, 01:21:41 PM »

Thanks so much Kathleen. It's my worst symptom as well. This does help. x

babyjane

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2017, 03:01:11 PM »

"  Tasks that you used to be able to tackle can leave you in total disarray. "

"
For treatment the book recommends HRT but also says ADs and complementay therapies may be helpful.

:thankyou:

yes I can relate to the above quote definitely as I can no longer multitask and when I try to I get in a terrible dither and my husband often has to help me out or I end up throwing things around  ::)

I never took systemic HRT but with a lifetime's background anxiety I have found a low dose AD and betablocker is helpful and when I lose the plot I know it is the hormonal rollercoaster breaking through so I don't worry about it as much as I used to.