Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Estradot or estraderm  (Read 21157 times)

donnacrichton

Estradot or estraderm
« on: February 06, 2017, 08:42:07 PM »

Over the past year estradot has become very difficult to get at times. Went to pick my prescription up today and have been given estraderm. Has anyone found any difference between the two? I have a very sensitive system and dobe want to chance anything x

Tempest

Re: Estradot or estraderm
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2017, 10:03:30 PM »

Just a quickie (I pledged I would only be sticking to posting in 2 threads) but I just want to give you some reassurance. My Consultant knows ladies have problems sourcing the Estradot from time to time Donna, so she prescribes this as the next alternative particularly to ladies with sensitive skin - so I'm hoping it might also suit your sensitive system too! Good luck! xxxx

Menomale

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2017, 10:16:42 PM »

Keep posting quickies, lady Tempest!  ;)

Tempest

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2017, 10:22:54 PM »

;) ;) ;) I just had to sneak this one  in there, Menomale! xxxx

donnacrichton

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2017, 10:28:48 PM »

I hope so I'm not known for stability lol. Managed to stay on this one for 8 months been my record so a bit reluctant is an understatement!

Hurdity

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2017, 03:24:33 PM »

Hi there donnacrichton

There are four main patches that can be prescribed at 50 mcg ( listed under HRT preparations) - Estraderm, Estradot, Femseven and Evorel. Of these Estraderm is the largest - at 4 x the size of Estradot, with Femseven and Evorel being about 3 x the size. Estraderm and Femseven contain the same total amount of estradiol, with Evorel twice as much and Estradot half as much. However they are all designed to deliver the same amount of estradiol through the skin ie 50 mcg per 24 hours. Whether they do or not will depend to some extent on your own skin!  However if you apply it to the same part of your body hopefully all will be OK. There are differences in the composition of the adhesive:

Estradot:
Adhesive matrix:
− acrylic adhesive,
− silicone adhesive,
− oleyl alcohol,
− dipropylene glycol,
− povidone (E1201).

Estraderm
Acrylate
Methacrylate
isopropyl palmitate
polyethylene terephthalate
ethylenevinylacetate copolymer,

Not being a chemist I am none the wiser  ;D - but hopefully as Tempest says - this one is suitable - it is very big though!

Tempest - you can post anywhere - as we all can!! :)

Hurdity x

donnacrichton

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2017, 10:08:45 PM »

Thanks I have managed to get estradot thankfully with the help of a great pharmacist x

Goosieloosie

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2017, 10:59:41 PM »

Hi, I often have trouble sourcing Estradot and even though I use the same chemist each time I still find I have to explain to them the following info that I got back in an email I wrote to the manufacturer (Novaris) some months ago, I have copied and pasted it as I posted it some time ago on another thread but it may be of help to those experiencing difficulties getting your supply, here is what they said:

With reference to your enquiry we had an interruption in supply but stocks of Estradot are now going back into our wholesalers AAH and Alliance, if the Boots are struggling to get It from them they can call Novartis  on 08457 419442 and we can supply stock directly to the pharmacy.

If you require any further information please contact us.

Regards

Customer Care
Novartis Pharmaceuticals UK Limited
200 Frimley Business Park
GB- Frimley/Camberley, Surrey GU16 7SR

Salad

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2017, 11:35:46 PM »

Just agreeing with Goosieloosie - I rang Customer Service at Novartis on Friday and they said there had been a delivery delay. They told me to go to my pharmacy of choice and to ask them to ring and they would dispatch my order.
Fingers crossed  :)

Rhiner

« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2017, 06:50:52 AM »

Hi As I have noted on other threads, Novartis do not like selling to the two big Wholesalers as they want massive discounts, so they tend to keep the supply to them low. The two large Wholesalers supply all the big Pharmacies such as Boots, hence the supply issues sometimes. I have never had a problem when the Pharmacy deal direct with Novartis.
Rhiner

Mandyw

« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2017, 01:35:31 PM »

hi, i also had trouble getting esrtadot patched from boots, i was scared at the time to not be able to get them so my doctor changed me to ellest solo.
its a shame as i was happy on them but the fear of going back to PMT and mood swings terrified me.
but i wont have PMT due to a full hysterectomy by the way its just these patches kept me sane and level i think. mad way of thinking i hear you mutter but im so scared that i still have PMT?
I went on HRT as soon as i had the op at 44 and im 49 now and have never a bad day yet so im yet to see how id be without them. does it make sense to you ladies?

mandy

Hurdity

« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2017, 07:14:22 PM »

Well for the second time ever (in 10 years) I was given a reduced supply of Estradot. The dispensary (at my rural GP practice) said there were problems getting hold of them and managed to get some from the manufacturers - but only gave me 2 months supply (was only supposed to be one!). Not sure what is going on here because we're not talking about large suppliers! I don't know where the dispensary normally gets them from?

Hurdity x

donnacrichton

« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2017, 08:51:03 PM »

My pharmacist phoned the manufacturer direct and has been promised 1 box a month x

Mandyw

« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2017, 10:14:39 AM »

that's great Donna. hope they don't let you down, i couldn't afford the wait. the thought of going a week without a patch scares me.

mandy

donnacrichton

« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2017, 07:06:44 PM »

I always try and order 1 box in advance as have been left short before x
Pages: [1] 2