Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: breast pain  (Read 2675 times)

robotwars

breast pain
« on: April 14, 2017, 06:51:29 PM »

Hi! I'm just after a little bit of advice, but for 3 months now my breasts really hurt, all around the nipple, they feel very tender, the last time they felt this bad was 2 years ago, I went to my GP who eventually referred me to the breast clinic at the hospital, where I did have a mammogram, which came back clear and I was given Daktacort cream and told I had an infection. I went to the chemist to see if I could buy it but the one I was given was prescription only. Not sure what to do now as I also have a CT scan on the 25th April as I have this persistent cough and my chest x ray came back showing that the tube going into my lungs wasn't clear, so was referred for scan.
I'm not sure whether to wait till after the scan or to contact the GP and see if I can get the cream. Will my scan show up anything in the breasts...... my mind is working overtime and anxiety is now kicking in ....
trying not to stress over it but cant seem to take my mind of it all...
I also thought that if I came on this would help, but 2 days ago I came on the for second time in a month and they don't feel any better. Before this I didn't come on for 8 months........sorry to ramble on!!!!

Menomale

Re: breast pain
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2017, 08:52:59 PM »

Hi robotwars,

Poor you, don't panic, let's try to understand what's going on. You say your breasts felt like this 2 years ago, what was the diagnose back then? Are you on HRT? If you're having erratic periods it looks like hormonal fluctuations, so no need to worry.

You may have more than one thing going on. The Daktacort cream is for fungal infection, did your doc perform any sort of test or just had a look? If he diagnosed a fungal infection and gave you only one cream tube I guess this is the right dose or he would have given you a prescription. Anyway you should ask him!

If I understood, the CT scan is for your lungs, so probably nothing to do with your tender breasts.

Try to relax (I know it's hard) and let us know how the CT scan goes.

XXX

countrybumpkin

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2017, 08:55:21 PM »

The ct scan will be of your lungs and chest cavity so won't show your breasts as such. As your last mammo was clear and the problem cleared up with cream it does look like a skin problem. If you have previously been prescribed the cream then you could phone your surgery and ask for a prescription for the same condition. The Gp will either prescribe it or ask you to go in for a consultation.
When I was perimenopausal and going long spells without a period I had severe nipple pain in one breast and this was purely due to mammoth hormonal swings. It lasted for weeks on end.
A ct scan is very definitive for chest/lung problems and will tell them what they need to know. Its perfectly natural for you to be worried, we all would be but hopefully nothing untoward will be found. Lots of none nasty condition could be the cause.

robotwars

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2017, 09:19:02 PM »

Thanks for your reply. I'm on vagifem for VA at the moment. I stopped HRT a year ago and was trying to cope without!!!!
last time I had the breast pain, he did a mammogram and said that was clear and said it as mastitis infection ( that was march 2015). The pain is in both breasts, worse on the right side, when my hubby cuddles me, it kills!!! LOL
I was also called for a routine mammogram in December 2015, that came back clear.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2017, 09:20:53 PM by robotwars »

Menomale

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2017, 09:36:54 PM »

I see... well, I know nothing about mastitis but if you had it once in 2015 and is having another now then I'd say this has to be further investigated just to be on the safe side. It looks like a low immune response, another perimenopause joy!

I think mastitis is caused by bacteria, did you take antibiotics in 2015?