Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: How do you feel?  (Read 4441 times)

Spangles

How do you feel?
« on: February 06, 2017, 08:11:03 AM »

Hi Ladies,
If you use HRT, how do you feel when your own hormones kick in? Do you feel better or worse? At the moment I'm going through a rough spell and was wondering if it's my own hormones kicking in with the HRT?
Thanks
Shellb
xXx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: How do you feel?
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2017, 11:24:17 AM »

I think that this is possible, as hormones wax and wane - bugga  >:(.  Do you chart your moods/symptoms/food ?

Anjia

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2017, 11:36:05 AM »

I can feel great for a few weeks then bang it all starts up again bloody awful the hrt does nothing.

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2017, 02:35:21 PM »

What do you expect the HRT to do Anjia?  Have you kept a mood/food/symptom diary to chart how you feel then decide which symptom you need to ease first?

Hurdity

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2017, 02:41:10 PM »

Hi Shellb

When you say going through a rough spell - what do you mean and which part of the cycle - what are the symptoms of "rough"?

Unfortunately HRT will not mean that you feel perfect and 100% all the time - I mean I have rough days or even a rough few days. At this time of year there are bugs about and it could be nothing at all to do with the HRT. Keep a symptoms diary and see if there is a pattern - otherwise try to do something to distract yourself from how you feel. Do you work part-time/full-time? If not try to do something eg volunteering or take-up an absorbing hobby if you can go for lots of walks to try to lift your mood - if this is what you mean by "rough".

If you are still peri-menopausal and therefore still ovulating from time to time, then your own progesterone levels will rise and fall and can contribute to pms - theoretically you should notice changes in oestrogen so much as the HRT should keep this on a bit more of an even keel.

Hope you feel less rough soon  :)

Hurdity x

Anjia

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2017, 06:21:19 PM »

CKLD I have a good diet and I also have lots of energy and am not overweight my prob at the moment is low libido and anxiety I no estrogen can make my anxiety worse I cant get a balance so I am going to try Tibelone  although i am bit put off by all the side affects ladies are having on here.

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2017, 07:00:40 PM »

Anxiety is the pits  :-\  :sigh:

Eating regularly can help ......... [I can hear Himself shouting 'take your own advice'  ::)].

My libido returned once we retired.  Until then we were inventive  :bed:  ;).

Spangles

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2017, 06:49:32 AM »

Hi Ladies,
Thanks for the replies. I feel low, anxious, full of PMT to the point where I sometimes feel like I'm going mad. It's usually the week leading up to star time my progesterone. Some months it's really bad and some months almost nothing. What I'm trying to ascertain is are my own hormones kicking in when I feel better or worse? I'm not sure so that's what I'm trying to find out.
Thanks
Shellb
xXx

CLKD

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2017, 10:59:41 AM »

How is your diet over-all?

Hurdity

« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2017, 01:12:27 PM »

Hi Shellb - I thought I answered you already! I've answered on your other similar thread today - along the same lines as my answer on this thread below!

Hurdity x

Spangles

« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2017, 06:43:42 AM »

Hi Ladies,
CLKD, my diets is ok, it could be better.
Hurdity, I did get your replies thank you. I was just trying to work out if you feel generally better or worse when your own hormones kick in?
Thanks
Shellb
❤️

Hurdity

« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2017, 04:25:32 PM »

How long is a piece of string?!!

Depends which hormones are kicking in and your dose of HRT and where you are in menopause - impossible to tell!

Hurdity x