Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Femseven Conti  (Read 5959 times)

kayeb

Femseven Conti
« on: October 02, 2016, 03:00:32 PM »

Hello ladies, not posted for a while. Tried HRT a couple of times over the last 2 years (Prempak c then evorel, which was wrong one as I have a womb).  I'm 52 & post meno, had foot surgery at local private hospital contracted to nhs recently, & it caught my eye that they do a menopause clinic.  I saved my pennies & had a nice non rushed appt.  was given vagifem for my dry vagina & femseven Conti to try after a month.  How have others got on with femseven please?  Shall be interested to hear of your experiences. 

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Femseven Conti
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2016, 03:41:58 PM »

:thankyou: 4 the update

Woods34

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2017, 04:02:08 PM »

:-\I have been taking Femseven Conti since start of January.  No major symptoms, but I find it isn't working as well as previous HRT which was Everol Conti.  I have got major joint pain back, mild confusion and itchy breasts.  Has anyone else found that it just 'stops working'?  I am tempted to go back to Everol Conti and just put up with the bleeds that happen.

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2017, 03:58:08 PM »

Hello ladies, not posted for a while. Tried HRT a couple of times over the last 2 years (Prempak c then evorel, which was wrong one as I have a womb).  I'm 52 & post meno, had foot surgery at local private hospital contracted to nhs recently, & it caught my eye that they do a menopause clinic.  I saved my pennies & had a nice non rushed appt.  was given vagifem for my dry vagina & femseven Conti to try after a month.  How have others got on with femseven please?  Shall be interested to hear of your experiences.

Sorry I have no experience of Femseven conti but I know from reading on here that many women seem to do well on it provided it sticks OK? I am just puzzled that you had to pay for an appointment to get products available on NHS - and hopefully you will be able to get all of this in future from your GP?

Let us know how you get on and hopefully you will feel much better soon :)

Hurdity x

Hurdity

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2017, 04:08:13 PM »

:-\I have been taking Femseven Conti since start of January.  No major symptoms, but I find it isn't working as well as previous HRT which was Everol Conti.  I have got major joint pain back, mild confusion and itchy breasts.  Has anyone else found that it just 'stops working'?  I am tempted to go back to Everol Conti and just put up with the bleeds that happen.

Hi Woods34

:welcomemm:

Sorry your introductory post got missed on here - maybe you could introduce yourself on your own thread, and tell us something about yourself and where you are in menopause ( in the new members area or this section) and more members will be along to welcome you?

There should be little difference in how well the Femseven works compared to the Evorel as they both contain the same dose of oestrogen ( estradiol - 50 mcg) but thre patches I think are differetn sizes and crucially contain different progestogens which may affect you differently. Depending where you are in menopause - you could also be experiencing hormonal changes - or reduction in oestrogen which can cause a resurgence of symptoms.

If bleeds are a problem on continuous combined HRT even when you are post-menopause (these should settle after about 6 months) then you can opt to have a regular bleed by changing to the cyclical version (Evorel or Femseven sequi). If you are not post-menopausal then you would be better off on this type of preparation anyway.

Not sure about the confusion? Some women are sensitive to the synthetic progestogens and they do affect blood sugar differently. I presume you've been to the doc and had baseline blood tests to check everything is OK apart from menopausal symptoms? Docs often send women for tests around this time especially if some symptoms need checking and could be due to other things.

It is usual to try each type of HRT for 3 months anyway to allow the body to adjust - so I would give it a little longer anyway ( unless you have other worrying symptoms).

Hope you see an improvement :)

Hurdity x

kayeb

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2017, 08:17:02 PM »

Hi folks, thanks for the replies.  Update:  I went to a private gynaecologist because 2 visits to different GPs had resulted (in my opinion) in dated or incorrect HRT.  I know that sounds arrogant on my part but I was happy to pay to get more time than the rushed 8 min NHS consultation.  What resonated with me was that the consultant said I would have to go through the hot flushes at some stage.  I tried the patches but was v frustrated at the sticking ability, I had looked through the forum for tips, hairdryer, sticking plaster etc.  I wouldn't say the patches were a wonder drug & after a few weeks I reflected that my flushes were really subsiding & my real issue was the vaginal dryness; the vagifem def worked for that so I requested a repeat from the GP (the consultant had written to the GP to say what she had prescribed & her reasons; I had a copy of her letter).  Anyway, the GP wouldn't give vagifem on repeat, they would only give me the patches!  I had to make another appt (one month wait) to see another GP (best one in the practise), & he reluctantly gave me vagifem, but was worried about giving oestrogen with no opposing prog.  After a discussion & my assurance that I would return if I had breakthrough bleeding, he agreed to do vagifem on repeat.  I really feel my flushes are at the end, my sleep isn't brilliant but I have no mood swings or depression so for me, I feel like  healthy diet & lifestyle supplemented by vagifem is sufficient.