Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: 5 Days Post TAH!  (Read 4196 times)

MIS71MUM

• Just trying my best!
Re: 5 Days Post TAH!
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2017, 09:05:14 AM »

Hi Ladies

Thanks for your replies and kind words.
Since my operation, my flushes are back with avengence! To be honest, not sure if I ever felt my Oestrogen was quite right pre op. Just hoping things balance out. 

Anyway, off to read the Tiblone thread as that's my next treatment if patches alone don't suit me.

Tempest

« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2017, 05:31:36 PM »

You're welcome to join the 'tribe' Mis71mum if you choose to take Tibolone. We're a friendly bunch! Hugs!!!! xxxx

Murphydurf

« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2017, 04:26:35 PM »

How are things Mis71Mum - are you feeling ok? Got flushed under control?

Mx

MIS71MUM

• Just trying my best!
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2017, 05:12:56 PM »

Hi MurphyDurf
Thanks for asking after me, today is exactly a week post operation.
Flushes not quite under control yet but going to hold off before increasing Oestrogen.
I know I've had major surgery but I have noticed less back ache, less low mood and no indigestion/ nausea since the Mirena/Adenomyosis removal.
I've noticed a bit of nervousness and mood swings but I know I've got to allow for re-balancing following the op.
The problem is keeping myself busy, without overdoing it. But then if I take it too easy, it's harder to sleep at night. I suppose it's all part of the recovery process.
How's things with you?

Murphydurf

« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2017, 08:58:14 PM »

Good news on losing some of the nastier side effects.  I too am benefiting from mirena removal, like you, I had backache and very low mood including just feeling out if it all the time. It may well have settled but I just found myself sitting staring into space like a fart in a trance!

Happy that's gone!

Back on patches and increased dose as I'm determined to get my E levels up after a very low blood test result.

Onwards and upwards we go.....

Mx

MIS71MUM

• Just trying my best!
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2017, 07:26:19 PM »

It's funny you mention the staring into space. I felt quite drugged up sometimes with the Mirena. But as already on AD's and estradot, I didn't want to add any more to the mix.

Good luck with the patches, I too couldn't get on with gel.

Murphydurf

« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2017, 07:40:23 PM »

Oh that's interesting re the gel, there's another lady posted today re. not absorbing properly. It's such a lottery, with some ladies doing really well on their 1st hrt choice and others never seeming to get the balance. I'm doing ok past few days on patches. Used a double dose and when I felt a bit 'high' I removed one patch, so far, so good. Seems like more even delivery but who knows?

Mxx

MIS71MUM

• Just trying my best!
« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2017, 08:04:08 PM »

I've tried Femoston 1/10 & 2/10, evorel sequi, oestrogel and utrogestan and Mirena & estradot!
All gave me heavy bleeding which led to investigations that showed up Adenomyosis. I realised that I suffered from progesterone withdrawal on Femoston, evorel sequi and oestrogel and utrogestan. So for me the Mirena and estradot was the best.
I saw on another post your Oestrogen reading - mine was 126 pmol this time last year.
I'm glad that I no longer need to take progesterone as the withdrawal wasn't great.
Having a glass of red 8 days post op as not on any medication for pain.
Also since having Mirena removed I am no longer raiding the fridge for food!

Murphydurf

« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2017, 08:12:16 PM »

Good for you! Enjoy!

You only have to find suitable E now and there's lots of options out there. Possibly it was just the prog in the combined patches that didn't suit and the E only patch might in those brands? Or Sandrena gel?

Anyway enjoy the Vino! Salut!

Mx
Pages: 1 [2]