Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: "Beat menopause the natural way"  (Read 8308 times)

ancient runner

Re: "Beat menopause the natural way"
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2017, 06:31:56 PM »

Maryjane, you and I sound like twins. Out of interest - I used to get lots of cystitis-y problems as a younger woman - mostly pre kids. Not so sure now that's what it really was a lot of the time. You?

Maryjane

« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2017, 06:44:00 PM »

No nothing until officially 46 , but when I look back sex was
Getting a tiny bit ouchy from 40.

Never had a UTI, on antibiotics since all this began.

How old are you ?

Maryjane

« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2017, 07:07:27 PM »

Ancient runner I admin anpelvic pain group , and there are 20 year olds on it prescribed vagifem as it's a myth it's just menopause when needed , 14 year old who get repeat UTIs are put on it also.

Tempest

« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2017, 07:55:29 PM »

Hystersisters in the States, Maryjane and there are a few ladies too on Patient UK who have had it done. It's not cheap it's true, but the one lady I followed on Patient UK had wonderful relief! I think it SHOULD be available on the NHS (for everyone really) but most of all to ladies who have had chemotherapy. It improves quality of life no end!

jaz29

« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2017, 07:57:34 PM »

I too didn't realise, naively really of how the peri menopause would cause such anxiety, I walk every week, take vitamins because I cannot use hrt, I was in for a shock after reading on the forum many ladies feel the same. Its good to know I am not alone. :).x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2017, 08:02:05 PM »

Jaz29 - have you read the alternative section?

Also, recent guidelines have opened up access of HRT to more women as past results were badly interpreted ....... so you may, if symptoms over-come you, look towards it - after all, if treatment eases symptoms it needed be for ever ;-).

Have a browse round. Do read the various threads on vaginal atrophy as HRT is usually the only way of easing symptoms ..... it often presents as repeated urine-type infections but is caused by dryness, thinning of skin, bladder irritation  ::) and is treated by a different type of HRT.

ancient runner

« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2017, 11:06:15 PM »

Hi Maryjane - 55 - was mostly fine from my mid 30s when I started having kids to when I realised something was badly wrong 3 years ago. In retrospect, I'd been getting more discomfort particularly in the evenings or after long days sitting and working for probably a year or two before that. Last period was in September - was regular till probably a year or 18 months ago.
Interesting what you say about the younger women and teenagers. Lots of food for thought there.
And like you, I'm really having trouble getting my head round having to (probably) be on full HRT for what's a local problem I'd never heard about before 3 years ago. Few flushes or anything else. Have looked at the Femoston pills since being prescribed a year ago, and have been patiently using my estring and reloading where necessary until it just wasn't working. Early days on this regime, and today has not been good.
Pages: 1 [2]