Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Hi :)  (Read 1847 times)

sparklyweirdo

Hi :)
« on: January 29, 2017, 02:26:09 PM »

Hi everyone, Thought i better introduce myself. I am 32 yrs old and was diagnosised with early menopause or Premature Ovarian Insufficiency last year , I am almost one year on since the diagnosis. My doctor thought that I may have been going through the menopause for a while without realising it as I was on birth control pills for years.
Started to have hot flushes, super high anxiety, super itchy skin, in the summer of 2015 while on birth control pills, put it down to stress and the fact it was summer, then when i came off the birth control pills in sept 2015, my periods never came back and i was still experiencing the hot flushes, anxiety and all that so i started to wonder , then 2 blood tests in jan to feb 2016 confirmed it so went on Premique 0.625mg/5mg and it made all the symptoms disappear, much happier then few weeks ago, found out that premique was discontinued so had to switch over to Indivina 2mg/5mg so giving it 3 months to see how it is going again.
A lot of things I never thought about suddenly made sense ie i gained weight and still cant get it off, it is like my body is against eating healthy food as i bloat so badly eating bananas or wheat based cereals etc. I have been tested for gluten and i am fine with gluten.
It was upsetting to find out that I won't be able to have kids naturally cos I hadn't reached that stage with my boyfriend and I always thought that kids would be in my future, I know there are other ways of doing it ie egg donor and stuff but I am not ready to think about that just yet.
I have to say that My boyfriend have been wonderful and understanding through all this, he have supported me massively and is accepting that we may have to do things differently.
Sorry this is long ramble!! :)
« Last Edit: January 29, 2017, 02:51:22 PM by sparklyweirdo »

flutterby

Re: Hi :)
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2017, 02:54:14 PM »

:welcomemm: Sparklyw
There is another thread on here regarding the withdrawal of Premique/ Prempak.
This is an excellent site for info and there will be ladies on here who are or were in a similar situation to you, who I'm sure will advise.
Don't apologise about rambles, you put everything down well.
Good luck with your new HRT regime
Flutterbyx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2017, 03:16:02 PM »

:welcomemm:  Browse round.  Make notes!

Have you looked at the Daisy web-site ? 

As oestrogen levels drop off so muscles may become lax = aches and pains, as well as the body dries out: inside and out  ::) = itchiness, dry vagina, thinning skin ........

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2017, 03:42:44 PM »

Hi sparklyweirdo

:welcomemm: from me too.

So sorry to hear about your premature menopause and your sadness at your inability to have children naturally as you wanted to. As you say there are other ways when the time comes but it still comes as a shock as you are so young.

I really know very little about POI but I know that it is different from natural menopause, and I have read that sometimes ovarian function can spontaneously resume in a small proportion of women. That being the case is it advised to use a continuous combined HRT and perhaps would it be better to use one that gave a withdrawal bleed? I am sure there must be advice on this somewhere if you researched it. Just a thought really but maybe this would have no effect on ovarian function should it restart? Sorry I am just thinking aloud....

Hurdity x

Kathleen

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2017, 06:53:19 PM »

Hello Sparklyweirdo and welcome to the forum.

There is plenty of information for you here at MM so you have come to the right place for the support you need.

Take care and keep posting.

K.

sparklyweirdo

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2017, 10:36:54 AM »

Thank you all for the nice welcome!!

The food intolerance is annoying for me as I am finding that I can't eat the same things i used to without bloating for few days ie bananas or wheat based cereals. I will just learn to not eat it as much then haha.
I am taking vitamin D with Calcium to keep my bones healthy.

I am finding the muscles aches or bones aches which is not easy since I am in an active job where I am on the move for 5 hours straight, in a way my job do help me keep active and is good for my health hmm.

Hurdity - I am not sure why I was put on continuous combined HRT, I can't exactly remember why but to be honest I am quite enjoying having no withdrawals even if i know there is TINY chance that my body might revert back to normal, but according to my doctor this rarely happens.