Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Ovestin  (Read 2753 times)

linfit

Ovestin
« on: January 30, 2017, 03:40:07 PM »

Hi there
Can anyone tell me exactly what Ovestin is and what it does, plus how should it be used and how often? I am on vagifem for VA. I have stinging around external areas, I think, though it can be hard to be sure where the stinging is.

Thanks

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Ovestin
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2017, 04:32:09 PM »

Ovestin1mg is delivered the same way, into the vagina, using a probe thingy .... it is prescribed to ease symptoms of vaginal atrophy.  Prescription only.

Some ladies find using other creams for the outer lips useful as the whole area needs to be kept supple.  I find KY Jelly works, some ladies use Sylk

Dancinggirl

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2017, 04:38:04 PM »

Ovestin is simply an oestrogen cream that can be applied internally and externally. I found Ovestin stung badly - this is why I use Vagifem.  The stinging and burning can also be an imbalance of the vaginal flora.  Multi Gyn Actigel can really help to restore the flora balance and I like to use SYLK everyday to help maintain things and keep everything comfortable. DG x

linfit

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2017, 05:29:27 PM »

Ovestin is simply an oestrogen cream that can be applied internally and externally. I found Ovestin stung badly - this is why I use Vagifem.  The stinging and burning can also be an imbalance of the vaginal flora.  Multi Gyn Actigel can really help to restore the flora balance and I like to use SYLK everyday to help maintain things and keep everything comfortable. DG x

Thank you all

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2017, 05:33:14 PM »

>wave< you're welcome!

linfit

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2017, 09:59:33 AM »

>wave< you're welcome!

Hi
Just to let you know, I used Ovestin externally last night (as I already use vagifem) and it stung for hours. I don't think I will use it again. Is Can you get Sylx in the chemist?

Dancinggirl

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2017, 10:03:59 AM »

SYLK - is fab - you can get it is some big chemists but it's easier and often cheaper to get it online.  A little goes a long way and I've used it for years - best thing I've found for dryness and soreness. DG x

Elizabethrose

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2017, 10:27:24 AM »

Linfit, call Yes (get the number online) and ask them to send you some samples of their new vaginal moisturiser. I'm really reactive and seem to be sensitive to quite a number of things I've tried over the past few months. The samples came in little tubes which clearly are designed to be inserted and squeezed, however, there was no way I was going to do that without seeing if I was going to react first.  :o 

I tried my first sample this morning, but just snapped off the top and spread a little around the vaginal entrance which is my dodgy allergic area and so far so good, absolutely no stinging. The Yes water based has a preservative in it which made me squirm, very sore!! The Sylk is fine everywhere except around the vaginal entrance.

We are all so different, all seem to react to different things, I think it's a case of trying it to see if it suits you.

Good luck x

linfit

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2017, 08:32:24 PM »

I've tried both Vagifem and Ovestin and they both cause irritation - the Ovestin burned! The only way I can keep my lady parts in shape is via full HRT.

Hello
Thank you all so much, this is really helpful.