Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Where's murphydurf?  (Read 7962 times)

Menomale

Where's murphydurf?
« on: January 30, 2017, 03:17:52 PM »

Gone? What happened? Hope you come back soon!  :(

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Where's murphydurf?
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2017, 04:34:09 PM »

WHO! think that you dreamt up that one  ::)

Menomale

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2017, 04:54:04 PM »

Nope, she was asking about Mirena and heavy bleeds, and also posted her blood tests results...
http://www.menopausematters.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,34744.0.html
« Last Edit: January 30, 2017, 04:56:06 PM by Menomale »

Tempest

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2017, 05:19:32 PM »

Oh no!!!!! I really loved chatting to Murph - I do hope she comes back! Murph, if you're out there - we've got unfinished business! You were supposed to be following the whole Tibolone thing - it might just work for you! ;)

I can understand if you're totally brassed off after this whole Mirena thing and the grief with the transdermals - remember, we were the 'non absorbing twins' (hell knows what was going on really, but I do know you've had the patience of a saint too)!

Sending you hugs - don't make me come up to Auld Reekie and flush you out!  ;) xxxxx

Tempest

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2017, 05:21:05 PM »

Menomale - you're going to ask me what Auld Reekie is, aren't you? Well, that's a whole history lesson right there..... (it's a Scottish thing)!  ;) :) xxxx

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2017, 05:22:15 PM »

Oh go on then  :D

Tempest

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2017, 05:27:03 PM »

I'm a Weegie, and Murph's an Edinbugger! Auld Reekie is a nickname for the capital of Scotland - harkens back many moons ago to the days of coal fires and chimneys. The place was a veritable smog...... ;)

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2017, 05:35:41 PM »

Oh I remember smog  :D but not this murphydurf  :-\

Tempest

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2017, 05:37:47 PM »

I think it didn't help that a lot of folk burned peat up here too! The smell is truly something else........ :o

cubagirl

« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2017, 05:39:33 PM »

Tempest  ;D Having lived largest part of my life here, I'd be an Aberdonian.  Not quite as distinct as a Weegie or Edinbugger!  ;D ;D ;D

Tempest

« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2017, 05:56:13 PM »

Aww, is there a nickname for Aberdonians too, Cubagirl? :) ;D xxxxxx

Menomale

« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2017, 06:04:17 PM »

Long live the Scots, then.

And come back Murphydurf Eddinbugger!

Murphydurf

« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2017, 12:05:46 PM »

Hi Menomale and Tempest - I've popped back briefly to say thank-you for being kind. I've pm'd you my email as I'd love to keep up with your 'journeys'.

A certain member's posts have finally made me realise that it's time for me to move on from this forum. Whilst in the main everyone has been really supportive, kind and informative, there's one particular member who has made me entirely doubt myself and has suggested strategies which are quite the opposite of my needs. I'm a big girl and I need to work out what's best for me. I didn't take this sort of Head Girl/Prefect superiority nonsense at school and I certainly won't take it now!

Thanks you so much for your help and Tempest I didn't know I was an Edinbugger! As I'm  sure you weegies would agree, it's the better of the 2 cities!

Mx

Menomale

« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2017, 12:48:08 PM »

Murphy,

Same thing happened to me, I left but I came back. As you say, we're big girls and we should not let a few bullies spoil the party. I understand you and respect your decision but I hope you come back and let this member talk to herself, maybe she need this. We're all in need of something here, right?  ;)

XXX

Annie0710

« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2017, 01:30:03 PM »

Please don't let one member make you feel like this

We are all different in our journeys and have individual needs to bring us back to some sort of 'normal', what works for the majority doesn't always work for a few others. 

I had quite a few months out of here for exactly the same reason, i got fed up of 'you shouldn't have a because of b, or you don't need c because you haven't got d' it all got tiresome and made me really doubt myself but no one knows our bodies like ourself, certainly not other members

Xx
Pages: [1] 2