Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: New member  (Read 1569 times)

Idaea

« on: February 09, 2017, 07:44:06 PM »

Afternoon all,
Joined here as I am massively struggling and feeling very overwhelmed by everything at the moment, so coming on here to try and get some advice, ideas and generally to try and kick myself into getting through this. Just thought I would introduce myself and say hi.
Does anyone else just feel like they just can't cope and is this just something I need to deal with?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: New member
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2017, 07:59:25 PM »

:welcomemm:  tell us more, i.e. your age, periods, other symptoms.

As oestrogen levels drop so the body dries: that's nostrils, deep in the ears, vagina, skin - also muscles may become lax which can lead to aches and pains.

Some ladies find that keeping a mood/food/symptom diary useful.  Which symptoms would you like to ease?

dazned

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2017, 08:14:38 PM »

Hi Idaea.   :welcomemm:

Climb aboard and join us. Tell us a bit more about you,like age and what symptoms are bothering you ?

Idaea

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2017, 10:14:02 PM »

I'm now 40 and been having symptoms for about a year and a half. I've been through every diagnosis under the sun, from cancer scares to brain tumours, CFS, PVS, chronic migraines and now they've decided it's just the menopause. I'm not on anything at present, except magnesium and SJW and I can't really face going back to the doctors to get anything. I'm mainly struggling with lack of sleep and joint pain at present and it's really getting to me.
I have a wonderful husband who is doing his best for me, but I'd really hoped to have kids and my doctor wants to send me to have an examine for fertility issues, but I don't really see the point if I'm going through the menopause.
I've joined the gym and love going and hope that a mixture of SJW and exercise will help me, but I'm really struggling emotionally and it's hard not to just burst into tears at times.
Feel like I'm actually going mad...

dazned

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2017, 09:16:56 AM »

Omega 3 fish oil can help with joints,and at this time of year its a good idea to take but D supplements as we are lacking in this due to UK not getting enough Sun. Good you are exercising,if it becomes to painful due to your joints perhaps you could swim as it's not weight bearing exercise.  Sadly insomnia is a big issue for many of us,some find soaking in an Epsom salts bath helps,mindful meditation,there really is no quick fix unfortunately,if you find one please let us know  ;)
You say they decided "it's the menopause " how did they come to this decision,at your age have they tested your levels,have your periods stopped or become irregular ?  :-\

Idaea

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2017, 04:53:22 PM »

Blood test x 2 confirmed it. Like I said, they went through loads of different diagnoses before this one . Not had a period since beginning of Dec.

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2017, 04:56:55 PM »

Have you looked at the Daisy web-site? details above?

Do you take an over-the-counter pain relief for any aches and pains, have a word with your Pharmacist maybe for advice?

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2017, 04:57:49 PM »

"wind comes rushing down the Plain" - that's common with menopause too  :-X  ;D

whoops wrong thread  :o
« Last Edit: February 10, 2017, 08:26:32 PM by CLKD »

Hurdity

« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2017, 05:10:26 PM »

Hi Idaea

:welcomemm: from me too.

If you are still hoping to have children as a possibility then why not go along to the fertility clinic anyway? I know it is not necessarily final - if your periods have not stopped completely. How was your cycle before December - had you skipped many periods or had many in the past year? If you do want to go down this road then sooner rather than later would be advisable. Otherwise HRT is pretty much essential to protect your heart and bones and general health if you are going through menopause at such a young age. Has this been offered? You may well find that hormones replacement will help with your fatigue and other symptoms since low oestrogen impacts so many areas of our bodies.

All the best and if we can help we will :)

Hurdity x