Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Period Prediction Possible??  (Read 2236 times)

ed370

• First Flush
Period Prediction Possible??
« on: January 27, 2017, 08:13:52 PM »

I'm 51 with periods that are becoming fairly irregular now.

After I'd had my first two children (when I was 23 and 26) and we'd decided to try for another, for the six months leading up to intended conception, I took my temperature every morning before getting out of bed and plotted it on a graph. I'd read that just before ovulation, the body temperature dips a bit and then spikes sharply immediately after ovulation; and for those six months, I certainly saw a pattern that backed that up and I got pregnant with my third child quickly and easily.

I'm now wondering if any studies had been done or if anyone out there has tried keeping temperature charts during this phase of our lives in a bid to try and pinpoint when periods might occur. If hormones are fluctuating and cycles are irregular, does the body temperature stay pretty normal unless ovulation occurs? I'm happy to take my temperature every morning - for the next few years if necessary - if it means that I can accurately see if/when ovulation occurs and I know I'll get a period 14 days later. It would help take away that worry of 'where and when' and it would help manage at least one aspect of this transition.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Edwina  :)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Period Prediction Possible??
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2017, 02:06:15 PM »

Your call, then let us know  ???  ;)

Interesting topic. I never knew when I was ovulating although some ladies are aware of it.  My periods got further and further apart with no symptoms at all until immediately B4 the bleed/not ....... eventually stopping altogether after about 2/3 years.

cubagirl

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2017, 04:18:16 PM »

Only time my periods were on time was when I was on the pill. Other than that they were completely haywire from age 13. My problem was I only ovulated from time to time. I was seeing gynae about this problem when, by by sheer luck, I fell pregnant with daughter.  However, becoming pregnant a second time required drugs to help me ovulate & also temperature checking. 

I suppose under certain circumstances it would be good to know when one was likely to have a period, like special events.  However, I doubt I could have been bothered to keep checking constantly.  It was useful for becoming pregnant though.

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2017, 06:13:53 PM »

I think someone else mentioned this a few weeks ago? Can't remember who it was though :-(

Taz x

Taz2

ed370

• First Flush
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2017, 02:45:46 PM »

Thank you everyone. I might just give it a go and see if there are any discernible patterns that emerge over the next few months. I'll keep you posted. Ta
E.  :)