Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Would increasing or doubling Evorel 25 patch aid mood? Or daft to do  (Read 3755 times)

Bridget

I'm on Evorel 25, Utro and T gel  struggling a bit with mood/anxiety I was thinking of sticking on an extra patch..i know my dose is low and a lot of ladies on here seem to do well with increased Estrogen?   Can you cut the patches without losing their effectiveness, maybe go up even by a half?  I hope Hurdity you may see this i would value  your opinion as i think you may have cut your patches in the past.  I am also being investigated for hyper parathyroid and maybe this is contributing to my low mood, My Endo is on hols and I'm a bit fed up feeling so low, also quite weepy.. I missed my Utro for a few days would this make a difference to mood ?  Sort for ramble bit all over the place...

Annie0710

Re: Would increasing or doubling Evorel 25 patch aid mood? Or daft to do
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2017, 08:36:59 AM »

I successfully cut estradot so it's worth a try with yours.  I'd increase gradually though.  I'm using oestrogen  gel now and I'm finding it superb for trialling the right dose.  I was always put off because of messing around with gels (hate creams and lotions full stop) but I'm about 6-7 weeks in and not finding it a problem

Salad

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2017, 10:18:33 AM »

I've cut Evorel and Femseven patches with them still being effective - might be worth trying  :)

Have you had a blood level done to check your hormones?

Bridget

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2017, 10:57:10 AM »

Thank you both....i think I'll try cutting the patch so..i know I should probably wait but  it's feel feeling so awful at times......i get periods of anxiety I suppose in  that  it renders me incapable of doing most basic chores, I finally  wrapped a parcel just now that should have been posted over a week ago....a business parcel...i have had bloods done but I can't see that she did Estroden and Progesterone, I see the T ok...i will discuss with the Endo as soon as I can...i may ask about the gel as it seems very popular with women on here.  I am 61 so I presume the lowest dose is safest ?

Sue52

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2017, 11:18:58 AM »

Hi Olive,
I started on Evorel 25 too and have slowly increased to Evorel 50 by snipping bits off the 50 patch. MY GP was happy for me to do this. Have felt a little better re anxiety on the 50 patch.
It is such a difficult time. Well done on getting the parcel wrapped, give yourself a pat on the back for doing it.
Take care x.

Bridget

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2017, 03:44:49 PM »

Thank you Sue52...i do feel better now parcel gone...i have to tackle some admin now re pension arghhh!