Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Premique-How long before I notice the benefits?  (Read 8953 times)

Eve

Premique-How long before I notice the benefits?
« on: November 19, 2012, 09:58:38 AM »

Hello, I have been period free for nine months and have been suffering terrible flushes and night sweats. After being on 600mg of clonodine hydrochloride tabs without any benefit, my doc has now put me on Premique. I have been on it for 5 days, the first day although I had a few very minor flushes during the day, and still awful sweats that night, now I find the flushes during the day are just as bad, as are the night sweats. I know I am probably being very impatient but can anyone tell me how long it might be before I begin to feel the benefits of taking Premique? My doc said it would be almost immediate which is why I guess I am so impatient! Thanks for any info. :)

Diana

Re: Premique-How long before I notice the benefits?
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2012, 03:36:56 PM »

HI,When I first started on HRT  several years ago now,I was prescribed Prempak.I was having horrendous symptoms(every menopause symptom going)Within 2 days I felt a different person.
No more night sweats or hot flushes or any other symptom.I continued to do well for several months
until the dreaded progesterone part started to give terrible side effects.

oldsheep

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2012, 05:37:44 PM »

The low dose Premique was the first HRT I was on. I think it improved the flushes first, within 2 weeks, then sleep etc got much better after about 3 months. I had a bit of a naggy headache for about 3 months, then that stopped.
Had to stop it when I got visual disturbances, which was a pity.
Most docs now seem to prefer the 'natural' HRT.

Lmcinty

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2017, 06:38:28 PM »

I started premique low dose this week. If anything the flushes are worst.  Is this just my body resisting the hrt and how soon will Hrt start to make me feel better?
« Last Edit: January 28, 2017, 07:03:36 PM by Lmcinty »